Cat Question

Old 12-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Power Poster

Mine may be a pain in other ways, but they love my quilts. They have never torn one. My biggest problem is getting them off them so I can use them.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:07 PM

My cats LOVE my sewing table, especially when I am sewing. Newly ironed fabric is their favorite! I think they like the warmth, just like they sit on the laptop when it is closed!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lyn
I made a fleece blanket for my dh. He had open heart surgery and gets real cold right now. As I was making and embroidering the blanket my Maine Coon came in and looked at the blanket. He growled at it, then laid on it (he weighs 20 lbs try moving the material while he is on it), then he licked it and started to drool on it. I put my foot down when he started to chew it. It was fuzzy so he probably thought it was another cat. Once I washed it, he wouldn't have a thing to do with it.
Lynn, your cats are gorgeous, what I can see of them, and they all seem to like each other... how novel! LOL
Old 12-28-2009, 05:54 PM

Yes I think she is expressing her dislike when she treats it like litter. My daughter fed her cat at the top of the basement stairs and if he didn't like the food he'd push the dish down the stairs. It was definitely deliberate.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by lacikat
Yes I think she is expressing her dislike when she treats it like litter. My daughter fed her cat at the top of the basement stairs and if he didn't like the food he'd push the dish down the stairs. It was definitely deliberate.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-28-2009, 10:38 PM

My cat loves my quilts. He evens helps me make them by choosing fabrics that feel good and by holding the fabric so it will not fall of the table while I'm sewing. And of course he has to approve the final project. I thought my stepson and his wife would have to fight the cat for their quilt. The cat really claimed this quilt as his.

Seriously, he has never harmed curtains or quilts.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:21 AM
Lyn

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen
Originally Posted by Lyn
I made a fleece blanket for my dh. He had open heart surgery and gets real cold right now. As I was making and embroidering the blanket my Maine Coon came in and looked at the blanket. He growled at it, then laid on it (he weighs 20 lbs try moving the material while he is on it), then he licked it and started to drool on it. I put my foot down when he started to chew it. It was fuzzy so he probably thought it was another cat. Once I washed it, he wouldn't have a thing to do with it.
Lynn, your cats are gorgeous, what I can see of them, and they all seem to like each other... how novel! LOL
Thank you. Some were feral and some were just abandoned. I have two crack kitties. The owner got them hooked on crack before she went to jail. I nearly lost them but now they have adjusted and fit into the family. All of my pets have a story.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lyn
I have two crack kitties. The owner got them hooked on crack before she went to jail. I nearly lost them but now they have adjusted and fit into the family. All of my pets have a story.
What is wrong with some people?? Why would you get an animal hooked on drugs??

You, btw, are a wonderful person. Thank you for giving those animals a loving home.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Lyn

Aw you make me blush. :)
Old 12-29-2009, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lyn
Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen
Originally Posted by Lyn
Thank you. Some were feral and some were just abandoned. I have two crack kitties. The owner got them hooked on crack before she went to jail. I nearly lost them but now they have adjusted and fit into the family. All of my pets have a story.

I worked in the office of the narcotics dept. of my local police station for a number of years and I thought I had seen/heard it all!! But giving a kitten crack??? That's just down right WRONG!! So glad you took them in.... :D