Christmas news letters

Old 12-11-2010, 02:32 PM

We have one of these 'News letters' from some acquaintances each year which consists of "We.ve been everywhere and its cost us so much, we.ve bought a new property, oh and we.re building a house on a Greek Island!!" You get the picture!! Well one year they put a picture of their new car posing outside their latest house surrounded by a holly wreath!!!! My husband took a photo of our tatty van, parked alongside some derelict houses nearby, surrounded that with a holly wreath and we sent that to them saying "We've had a c...p year! They still send them!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 02:41 PM

The good news is that Sheriff Huey took Mr. Tigglewiggle out behind the Tuff Shed right away and put him out of his misery, which saved us a vet bill. We sure do miss him. We still have pictures to remember him by, though. And scars.

Y'all have a Merry Christmas, y'hear?

Love,

Aunt Faye and Uncle Clyde
--------------------------------------------

Dear Aunt Faye and Uncle Clyde, please can I copy your Christmas letter and send it to my friends? Please, pretty
please????

I would love to do that.....some of them will crack up laughing and some of them won't speak to me again and that would really make my year!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 03:31 PM

I use to write one every year. The last 3 years have not been a picnic for us personally. Everyone - okay not everyone, but many family members are asking if they'll get one this year. So I guess I'll come up with something. I just feel like I don't have too much to write about. Funny, those asking for the letter don't write one though LOL!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Moon Holiday
I'm not a big fan of them because too many of them come across way too pretentious!
I agree!!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:37 AM

I usually write a Christmas newsletter and keep away from bragging or sad news. No one enjoys that kind of newsletters. My articles usually have a title and a subtitle on each article. Usually something eye catching or with a twist and once the reader reads the article, they find out it wasn't as the title implied. I've received a lot of compliments on them. But it does require a LOT of creativity on my part.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:38 AM

I don't like them. I'd rather have just one personal line than a whole page of stuff that I'm not interested in!
Old 12-12-2010, 06:11 AM

Location: Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
Do you like them or not? I don't do any, but get a few each year. I like to hear general stuff, (kids all well, new grandbaby, just retired, etc). But don't get too detailed (smart child #1 got all A's on his report card, but smart child #2 got a B on his).
What kind of stuff do you like to hear about, if you enjoy getting those types of letters?
I hate them. One year my DDIL and I collaberated on a letter for her to send out. It was hilarious. It was so exaggerated about her 2 kids that no one could have ever believed it. My DGD at the time was 2 and we told about how she was in ballet and the Metropolitan Ballet was trying to recruit her; stuff like that. The family and close friends who knew her well thought it was hilarious. I have a former neighbor who always sends me a letter that makes me want to choke; about all their trips and how active they are in their church, etc. I'm lucky to write a 2-line note on the bottom of mine. This year I will be lucky to even send out a card.
Now this is my sense of humor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

Depends on who sends it to us. My Uncle sends one...first of all he puts it in a card that has written on the back "Picture and production by ...... ....." Of course its a pic he snapped somewhere and they print a verse inside. Then his stupid letter...All about where they went an how much $ they spent all year..nothing about my cousins or how they are or anything like that. I think it is repulsive!

Now some of my friends send some that are really funny- I like those. I'm personally lucky to sign my name in the cards I send!

Merry Christmas everybody!
Old 12-12-2010, 06:47 AM

I always wanted to find a rundown shack in the country, take our picture in front of it and send it out as a card, caption
"three more payments and it's all ours!"
Old 12-12-2010, 07:20 AM

My in-laws use to send out Christmas letters every year and I kept each one until one year we got the letter and it said that my sister-in-law's kids excelled in school, and that our kids were growing. Yeah, that was it...from then on the letters went into the trash.

I do like the funny, down to earth Christmas letters. It's always fun to hear how everyone is doing. I DON'T like the braggy letters about how everyone is doing so great, not a problem in he world...perfect marriage, perfect kids, perfect job, perfect vacations...come on...are you trying to convince me or yourself.