Christmas news letters

Old 12-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Power Poster

we always get one froma cousin in NJ bragging about his raise, his kids raises, their new "STUFF" and all that bs. it gets boreing.
we were thinking of writing one that said we were all arrested and homeless just for the fun =of it.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by morelcabin
Dear Friend,
It is that time of year again to share with you our adventures in this journey we call life. 2000 has been another year of magic and wonder…

Lori almost 3, is quite a talker. She continues to amaze the professors at the University with her intuition in foreign languages. It was fun for her to serve as Official Translator for Warren Christopher at the Bosnian-Serbian Peace Talks. She intends to spend this Holiday transcribing War and Peace into Arabic and Cantonese.

Chris, now 5, is growing in leaps and bounds. When he got his first set of building blocks he seemed quite interested in large buildings. This year he designed his first skyscraper and ground was broken in Hong Kong for the new “Little Man” Towers. It is great to have a budding architect at home as he made a new addition to the house and a wonderful gazebo for our garden. Martha Stewart will be filming her next show here in April.

Betsy had a very busy year. In between her work as President of the American Cancer Society and Senior Partner of Goldman Sachs, she introduced a line of children’s novels and hand made active-wear. She remains occupied with the children and has introduced them to Yoga and power walking this year. We are particularly proud of Mom as a starting forward representing the United States in the World Cup.

Dave was immersed with his Graduate School studies, and managed to co-author a paper on Multidimensional Customer Attribute Analysis by Conjoint Survey and accept a Nobel Prize for his discoveries in Quantum Physics. Along the way Dave took three startups through their IPO. We are proud of his work serving on the Board of Directors of IBM, Coca-Cola, and Walt Disney. Dad was also active with the kids teaching Lauren Ballet and helping to lower Chris’ handicap to 5. We were able to squeeze a little traveling in this year. We started in Aspen, went to Belarus, the Congo, Denmark, Ethiopia, the Falklands, Greenland, Holland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Venezuela, and Zaire. Our trip sailing our new boat around the world was a great experience for the kids, we learned to communicate with Dolphins and discovered a new region of deep water volcanoes.

And Sergeant, our German shepherd, learned to speak. Latin. Other than that, it was a very quiet year. So from our household to yours, all the Blessings of the Season and may your New Year be prosperous. We found out yesterday that we won the $150 Million Powerball Lottery.

The Wannabes,
Betsy, Dave, Chris & Lori
lmasrof
Old 12-12-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
Do you like them or not? I don't do any, but get a few each year. I like to hear general stuff, (kids all well, new grandbaby, just retired, etc). But don't get too detailed (smart child #1 got all A's on his report card, but smart child #2 got a B on his).
What kind of stuff do you like to hear about, if you enjoy getting those types of letters?
I hate the ones that brag like that. Some that I have received I wish they had saved their stamp. LOL
Old 12-12-2010, 07:10 PM

We get one from my husband's brother written by his dog! This is carrying it a bit far.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:25 PM

I love these letters it bridges the gap from our time apart. We raised our children together and laughed and cried together. It is nice to know that life is not perfect but be are all in it together. May God Bless us everyone.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:43 PM

We get one every year from "old friends" we live in different cities not far apart and did a lot of Boy Scouting when kids were younger. We are quite a few years older than they are but every year it starts off with This is a quize. If you get more than X# wrong return the letter and ask to be taken off the list. Then it will be from 10 to 20 questions like.
This year _____ And ______ vacationed at A. North Pole B. Moon C took a cruise to Alaska D Decided to stay home as we didn't think we deserved a vacation. It is such fun. Have been getting it for over 10 years. One year when I just couldn't figure out the answer I had to call her up and have coffee!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:44 PM

i get acouple of them , i enjy one of them the other one i swear this woman has nothing better to do than send one about every little thing that has happened in her life since the last letter, even included about her daughters divorce !!!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:09 AM

Since moving to Florida 9 years ago I really do enjoy getting them from the friends who send them. I also send them out to keep everyone up to date. I just write a few lines about each "kid" 29,27 & 18.Also a few lines about my husband and myself. Try not to make it boring. Most enjoy getting them.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:46 AM

I love hear from family and friends with Christmas letters. I also like writing one every year some times I make it more like a fun story, but some times my mind doesn't come up with fun ideas so it's just a letter of things we did.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:46 AM

Love them and never seem to have enough energy to do one.