Cleaning

Old 05-28-2011, 11:03 AM

Sounds like a lot of us are doing cleaning this weekend. I just gutted the spare room, going through the closet, new dresser, bed and bookshelves. Next is the craftroom. Hope I have enough time to get it all done by Monday when daughter and granddaughter come for graduation.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:12 AM

had to get new washer (old one, not so old- 5 years, broke terribly) so I cleaned the laundry room and the laundry room closet. Made piles of Princess House crystal to give to DIL. Washed floors after new washer arrived. Took my car out of garage and swept both bays. (Washer came in through here) Organized items to get rid of. Loaded car with "stuff" to go to basement. Now going to drive down back of house and unload into that garage. When I can't work outside I will organize the storage in the basement.

Hubby is visiting dd in NC. I am "home alone", my son is at work. Let the decluttering begin!!!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 11:13 AM

oh and 5 loads of wash done! Doing carpets and blankets and sheets, etc now. Hanging them on the line (which broke when it was full!) Managed to fix it and I'm back in business.

Now to get off here and back to work!
Old 05-28-2011, 12:46 PM

Let me know if you get it all cleaned up and how long it stays that way. I have two bags that I fill with craft stuff I no longer do when they get full off they go to the DDs two of them do crafts and sew, I figure I did all that stuff for their kids.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:51 PM

If you don't find Hoffa, maybe you could find my tan blender that I need to finish this quilt.
Originally Posted by 117becca
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have cleaning on the agenda too.....If you don't find Jimmy, he may be around here!!
Old 05-29-2011, 05:16 AM

The summer that Jimmy disappeared, my MIL was severely depressed and has no memory of that period of time. My FIL and DH were Teamsters, so it was a topic of conversation and every time one of them would mention it, she would just get a blank look.

It was the summer I was pregnant with our only child, so I am able to remember exactly what year it happened.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:50 AM

Have to clear the decks here. My oldest son wants me to make seats for (recover) his two motorcycles, so that is going to be a challange. Have done it before, but a long time ago. Is it like riding a bike? Do you remember? LOL
Old 05-29-2011, 08:25 AM

Re: Jimmy Hoffa

At the time he went missing, I heard he was in the cement for the 14th floor of the SEARS tower. I don't know for sure but it is as good as any other idea.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:35 AM

too funny.

As a new bride I once made a meat and potato pie to serve my in-laws.....You got it. Forgot the meat...
enjoy reading this post...
Old 05-29-2011, 09:22 AM

I think Jimmy was that big guy I saw in my back room closet one day some time ago, and I've always intended to clean it out and ask what he was doing there. I think there's a lot of denim there, or is it silk? Almost scared to open the door, but the cats aren't afraid to climb around in it, so no mice at least.