Cleaning

Old 05-29-2011, 06:46 PM

Actually, Jimmy Hoffa may be in one of the gazillion boxes in my dining room. DD has moved much of her stuff to new apt in Cinn. OH but she still has lots of things in my dining room. And, when I say something about it...she says that she does not want to clutter up their new apt with it! Yikes!!! My goal for tomorrow is that we (together) will go through the stuff and decide what might go into storage that DD2 might want for her apt when she graduates from PU next spring and the rest of the stuff will get dropped at Goodwill.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by PamB8s
:lol: :lol: Too Funny. Yesterday I found a pair of pliers in my sewing stuff that my husband was looking for. I had told him that I didn't have them and I'm sure he misplaced them. I silently slipped them back on his work bench. :lol: :lol:
Love it. I did that with my husbands car keys. He never figured it out! And I'll NEVER tell. Oh, and that bleach spill on your "favorite" black shirt - totally an accident honey!

Some days I think I'm related to the Witches of Eastwick!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:17 AM

I am sitting here and reading all this and I'm thinking "ok i should do that too" but can't get moving, my son and DIL want us to go to their house for a bar-b-q but don't feel like it so I will call and cancel. So, I don't know what I will do
Old 05-30-2011, 06:29 AM

Okay- you've motivated me. I'm getting off of this thing and reentering my sewing area for the first time in a long time. Time to do some organizing and some sewing! Check back in with all of you later!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:40 AM

I had a new security system put in and the installeer had to go into my closet that has tons of material, batting, magazines etc. Well, while we moving stuff in order for him to access the box, I found a pattern that I thought I had lost somewhere in my quilt room. I was ready to order another one. Found other WIP. It was embarassing! I have since re arranged the closet. It looks better.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:12 AM

I vacuumed the house then I sewed on my pretty FW. Between church am & pm I spent 3 hours with my DD pressing & pinning blocks - almost got that top ready to sew together.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:49 PM

Be very careful. The FBI is still looking for Jimmy Hoffa. Any tip may send "The Suits" out to a stash near you. Back in 2006, they had a "solid" tip that he was buried under a horse barn 30 miles out of Detroit.
Costs of Hoffa dig:
Barn replacement: $160,000
Excavation: $24,741
Portable horse stalls: $18,270
Electrical: $7,445
Anthropology services: $5,418
Storage: $750
Portable toilets: $680
Other charges: $8,000
The above does not include the cost of 40-50 FBI agents to sift through the upending of this poor horse barn, which was built in the 70's (he disappeared in 1975)

Jimmy cannot be in the Sears Tower, it was built before he went missing.

That wasn't their last search. A couple years ago, they took wood flooring out of an old house in Detroit, to see if the stains were his blood stains. Last year, there was a search in a dilapidated neighborhood with a digger, but no one could get the FBI to say what they were looking for.

I just chuckled when I read all of your replies.

"Unearthing" long lost things is always enlightening. Good luck AND don't find Jimmy. Although, maybe the Feds would replace your stash with a better one.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:40 AM

Know what you mean. Cleaned part of my garage today and found 6 rolling plant holders I had ordered just before my husband got ill 10 years ago. They got shoved into a corner then dropped behind a shelf. Was fun rediscovering them!