Coin Flip Trip

Old 07-19-2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Sounds pretty much like how I get anywhere. My kids say anytime we go on a trip its an adventure. Took us three hours one night to get home from the goodwill store in the next county over because I took a few wrong turns at night, ended up one more county away before I found a highway I knew.
Been there done that !!
Could be a professional U turner,done it often enough!!! :lol: :roll: :oops:
Old 07-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

It could be fun but I would get lost.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:19 AM

I remember when we were kids, sometimes on a Sunday we'd all go for a drive. At every stop sign, Dad would say "Left, right or straight?" We sure had some interesting trips that way. Of course, back then, anytime we got to spend with Dad was good. He worked full time at Dow and farmed full time and was building our house. We didn't get to travel much at all, only short day trips because of barn chores.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Suzanne57
I remember when we were kids, sometimes on a Sunday we'd all go for a drive. At every stop sign, Dad would say "Left, right or straight?" We sure had some interesting trips that way. Of course, back then, anytime we got to spend with Dad was good. He worked full time at Dow and farmed full time and was building our house. We didn't get to travel much at all, only short day trips because of barn chores.
That's Funny and Cool, My Dad thought he'd take us all for drives on Sundays, except we all knew the way to grandma's house, said if he turned down the wrong road, they'd have 4 kids screaming that we were giong the wrong way !!! Could be why Sunday dinners were always at G'mas !! :lol: :lol:
Old 07-20-2010, 05:33 PM

We lived next door to Grandma's so that wasn't a "treat". We ate as much there as we did at home. Her cookies were the best. I wish I'd gotten her recipe for her sour milk cookies. She used rendered chicken fat instead of shortening for more flavor.
I do remember one trip where we ended up going through a forest on a country "lane" (two parallel tracks with grass in the middle). Good thing it hadn't rained because it was definitely "unimproved" and not even on any map.