Computor

Old 03-17-2010, 05:51 PM

I have a dumb question. I entered the Febuary hop on line. The free quilt pattern that they have I don't want to print it at this time. So I am trying to copy it to the clip board.
Now for my question, where do I find the clip board and open it after I leave the area that I have copied?

I hope I have explained this right.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:56 PM

You don't need to put in on your clipboard. Once you have clicked on the pattern and it is open on your computer, go to the top left-hand corner and the word File. Click on File, then go down to Save a copy and click there. You might get a message that warns that you can not make changes to the file. Say okay, since you're not going to try anyway. In the box you then see, there will a place on your computer where the pattern will be saved. You can change that place if you like (be sure you know where it goes so you can find it again!). The file name will be highlighted and you can change it if you like. In the end, click on Save and the pattern will be saved on your computer. No need for a clipboard. :)
Old 03-17-2010, 06:02 PM

I see I didn't actually answer your question.

Once you have copied a file, you can then open the program you want to save it into - usually Word, Paint - someplace where you can paste things. Look when the program is open and there will be a little icon (button in the top area) that looks like a clipboard with paper beside it. When you point to the button, the word paste should appear. Simply click that button and your pattern will appear in the document you have opened. If you can't find the clipboard button, to to the word Edit at the top, click on it, then down to the word Paste and click it. Same thing, different way.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:03 PM

Yes, I just found it. I don't know what I was thinking about trying to save it to the clipboard. I went there and it said that I could save it to a file on the computor. But I tried that and can't seem to find it. Oh well I found the file button. It has been awhile since I have saved something.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:13 PM

The important thing is finding it again!