couponing

Old 05-25-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by doris.meek13088
I do not save as much as the people on TV but find it well worth the effort. I even go as far as buying coupons from Ebay. You need to be able to stand the stares that you get when you are buying 80 cups of cat food when you have 40 buy 1 get 1 free coupons. It is a great thing that I am not shy. When you are spending 10 cents per coupon including shipping from Ebay and saving 57 cents per coupon it is worth the stares.
There is also sites where you can order the whole inserts from Sunday's paper. That's what I do. 5 of the same group costs me 5.15 a week.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:51 PM

to save as much as they do is a job in itself,takes alot of dedication and orginization,watching the ads from all the grocery stores and making lists and following those lists.
One lady on the show ,extreme couponing, took 2 hrs just to check out alone,not to mention the actual shopping and then putting it all away
Old 05-25-2011, 03:54 PM

I coupon, but I don't have time, working full time at teaching, writing full time and having our DD, I can't dedicate that much time for extreme couponing. There are also only 2 grocery stores in our local (within 25 mile area) and most don't double coupons, and we eat tons of veggies and fruit. Those don't usually get coupons.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

I do a bit, but not like TV. Our stores limit the double to 55 cents off, and only 3 at a time.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by lovequilts
.... I hardly have enough storage for my fabric
....tell us something we don't all already know(or experience)!!!
We're right there with ya!
Old 06-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

i saw one show where the woman shopped all the time and had a hoard of food stuffs in her home. she was over spending just by using coupons. she shopped for shoppings sake. not when she only needed to. so poor thing ended up spending more money than she needed to.
i like coupons but they can be a pain. sometimes i am just too tired when shopping to look through mine. shame on me. i do spend them in time usually.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:22 PM

i use some. save about 20-25$ per week on groceries. i only buy what we use. alot of stuff i'm brand specific on. like the generic mac and cheese, that's a no. kids don't like it. food lion is great. they have alot of very good deals and buyone getone. and then you get coupons at checkout. and the buyers club card. i am gonna miss them when i go home. none close to me there.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:01 PM

Almost all of the coupons I see are for packaged goods, which I rarely or never use. I try to eat foods that look like they should and aren't shot from guns or adulterated in any way, as much as possible. The rare canned stuff I buy never seem to have coupons. But of course there's my hair dye, which often enough has coupons so that I can always find one when needed.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:04 PM

hipping from Ebay and saving 57 cents per coupon it is worth the stares.[/quote]
------------------------------
Nonsense, they are most likely wondering why they didn't have sense enough to do the same thing!!! I'll bet they were green with envy at how much you saved.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:37 AM

I am not an extreme couponer because I rarely find coupons for the groceries that I buy. I am really into cooking so I buy everything fresh and really don't buy much in the way of processed foods or frozen foods.

I do know though that certain pantry items go on sale regularly, ie. noodles, pasta, mayo, olives, pickles, oil, etc. and that is when I will stock up on those items. I save upwards to 50% by choosing when to buy.