Cruise Info needed

Old 05-19-2010, 06:24 AM

Good idea Kathy thanks :)
Old 05-19-2010, 06:27 AM

Enjoy.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:39 AM

Some things I've learned from my cruises:

Beach shoes are a good idea since there is so much coral in the sand down there. Could irritate your feet.
Sunscreen.
A fanny pack for each of you to carry when you're off ship so your important stuff is right there on your belly and you won't have to carry a purse.
Go to the shop/tour talk the day before your first island stop. They tell you about all the tours available on the islands, tell you about the different shops, and give out coupons for different stores.
And I always pack by putting my medium size suitcase inside my large one and packing the medium one. That way I have an extra suitcase with me to bring back all the goodies I might buy. >
Since it sounds like you're vacationing more than just the cruise, I would pack my cruise stuff separately and leave the other clothes in the car. (if you're driving) You might end up taking more clothes from home that way, but you'll appreciate not having to do laundry in the middle of your vacation or having to lug all those clothes on the ship.
RELAX and enjoy. Remember, everyone is there for the same reason - to have a good time.
You will have a little newletter waiting for you in the cabin when you get there, and one will be delivered every night. It tells you all the activities going on on the ship for the next day.
Have a great time!
Carol B
Old 05-19-2010, 07:20 AM

what cruise line and where are your stops? I did the Carnival one last November it was AMAZING. but it depends on the cruise line for the formal nights or so I hear.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:21 AM
Pam

You will need 2 pairs of comfy shoes, I only took sandals and they were fine. Take 2, you will be doing lots of walking and blisters are a possibility.

And an exrta memory card for the camera, MUST HAVE!
Old 05-19-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by nikki128
Thanks for the advice. Yes we are cruising on carnival and at the captain's dinner they will be sharing with all the guests that we are on our honeymoon. I'm nervous about that I hate attention lol. I was thinking a little black dress should work. I certainly don't have the money to go buy a gown. I did not even think to bring a sweater for at night lol. I'm thinking sun and heat ! Thank you sooo much :) Now I just need to figure out how to pack 2 weeks worth of clothes in one bag !!!!
They told us they were doing the same thing and it didn't happen. I even asked when we checked in about it and notta! There weren't a lot of rules for the formal night. It was just a nice outfit and a shirt & tie for the guys. One thing I will tell you though is to make sure you stay a little after dinner... there is always singing or dancing from the waiters and that is funny to watch.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:26 AM

Ripped - we are going on carnival's Destiny ship. The ship stops in Nassau, Grand Turks and Half Moon Cay.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:00 AM

If formal night is not your thing, skip it. There is always another option for eating that doesn't require dressing up.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:06 AM
DJ

Hope this doesn't sound like a "downer", but on the only cruise I went on, I got sick. Believe it or not, when I started feeling better, I was told that they didn't have any crackers or chicken noodle soup! I had to have tomato bisque and a bannana. Next time, I'm packing some saltine crackers and a can or two of chicken noodle soup. I can't believe a "gourmet" kitchen couldn't boil up a chicken breast or at least serve me some broth or something... So sorry for the vent! I really did enjoy the part of the cruise when I wasn't sick. I hope you have a marvelous time!
Old 05-19-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by redquilter
I cruise a lot and I've learned to pack only a few colors - (I do black, white and khaki and throw in a piece or two in red or yellow) This way you can mix and match and get a lot more mileage out of your wardrobe. Why 2 weeks of clothes? I thought you said 5 nights? Don't forget, you can wash out a few things and wear again. Believe me, no one remembers or cares if you wear things twice!

And don't forget sunscreen and hats. The sun can be brutal.
Carnival - Tryumph ship has laundry machines.