curtain nightmare

Old 09-04-2011, 06:15 AM

Thank you all for your support. I feel better about this already. i am determined to finish these today so I can move on to more fun stuff like my x-mas gift quilts.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:17 AM

Bonnie I thought about that .. but, what will I ever use 13 yds of school themed fabric for. Also, we painted my classroom 2 weeks ago a green color based on the curtain fabric. So, I'm in it for the long haul. But, never again LOL!
Old 09-04-2011, 06:20 AM
BMP

Thats alot of fabric..I guess there is no choice but to make it work somehow...
Old 09-04-2011, 06:49 AM

Yes it sure is a lot of fabric. These windows are monsters ! I will post pictures when I get this figured out.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:23 AM

Ahhh, sorry you are having a rough time. {{{HUGS}}} can you call a neighbor now, instead of waiting for DH?

Originally Posted by nikki128
Well I messed up to begin with on my measurement but, he was mad I spent 60.00 on material for my classroom. I got a good deal too. 3.99 a yd on reg 9.99 a yd fabric! So ... yes he was mad already I should have called a neighbor to help LOL.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

just ask him if he would cut a board like that. guessing. well, i'm not perfect either. i guessed at some two color binding strips because i wanted them the length of the fabric and had no room on my cutting table. talk about causing trouble.
good luck. i hope you get them done soon!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 07:44 AM

I needed to vent and thank you in advance for listening. I set out 3 weeks ago to make curtains for my classroom. Simple simple no ruffle curtains. Should be easy peasy. Well I can only use one hand so cutting is very difficult for me. I asked my Dh who is usually awesome about these things to help me. Finally after weeks of asking he cut the panels for me last night. Well I did math wrong in my head. I had him cut them at 66". They needed to be finished 64". So after I sewed the first panel and hung it in my sewing room I found out I need to add another 6 ". Ok, no problem just cut a 6.5 inch strip to attach to the bottom. I cut it sew it on and realize the bottom is completely wavy. Turns out DH guesstimated where to cut after the first panel. So, now all my panels are uneven and what should have been an 1.5 hr sewing job is turning into a nightmare. DH likes to sleep until noon on weekends. So now I have to wait for him to get functional 1 or 2pm to help me re-cut etc. I'll be lucky if I get 2 panels done today ... There are 6 panels in all. I am so frustrated. I hate not being able to do this stuff on my own. Thanks for letting me vent. I am so mad I could cry. I have a full size t shirt quilt waiting on me and had hoped to get these curtains done and the t shirt quilt ready to go for tomorrow. Time is so limited these days stupid reasons for delay aggravate me to no end.
HI, So Sorry for your difficultys. But have you ever tryed electric/battery scissors? A 'Good' one not one of the cheap ones, then you could do it your self and it would be so much nicer! 8-)
Old 09-04-2011, 01:50 PM

Wish I lived near enough i would be glad to help...I know how the simpliest of things can turn out to be nightmare.....sorry. I can't do a lot of creative things but I would cut for me......hang in there....(I too have a t shirt quilt that I need finished asap in time for a birthday..)
Old 09-04-2011, 03:41 PM

update: I finished the curtains finally . I will take pics and post once I get them hung on Tuesday. Thanks for the support. .
Old 09-04-2011, 04:03 PM

Bonnie I thought about that .. but, what will I ever use 13 yds of school themed fabric for. Also, we painted my classroom 2 weeks ago a green color based on the curtain fabric. So, I'm in it for the long haul. But, never again LOL!
Ok, I'm totally jealous that you get to have curtains (fire marshal won't let us) and get to paint your own color (district office and custodians won't let us). I would put a coordinating solid on the bottom. Maybe you could make a ruffle. If you have extra fabric left over, you could make big squishy pillows. I don't know what grade you have but my students love to lay on the floor on my beanbag chairs and squishy pillows to read.