curtain nightmare

Old 09-06-2011, 06:37 PM

I made curtains for my school nursing office and asked DH for help. When it was not forthcoming, I ended up asking for help from a parent. Ended up making a friend in the process. DH later asked about my project and when I told him it was done, he had enough grace to be embarrassed. Many DH's of school personnel do not understand why we plow our salaries back into schools. We love them anyway, but we cannot understand why they can not understand that there is no money for frills or extras in most school district budgets (at least not for classrooms or nursing offices)and it is these homey things that add so much to a child's school experience....I guess I was just venting too. Sorry, but thanks.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

Is there any way you can put a large cutting mat on the floor, fold the fabric end to cut onto the mat, put your big square ruler on it, sit on the ruler and cut with one arm? I would try to some how to do it myself if I couldn't find a willing helper. Sorry you're behind schedule. So frustrating!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:12 AM

Wow, sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread. It has been a very rough week at work. I got the curtains up and have bunched each panel in the center as opposed to pulling each to the wall and tacking it. We are not allowed to tack at all. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can have them pulled off to the sides without using tacks? I thought of ties but how would I hook the ties to the wall?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-254124.jpe   attachment-254125.jpe  
Old 09-10-2011, 07:59 AM
pal

What a wonderful cheery space you have there!!!!!
Re: your question about how attach the curtain to the side -
You could use expansion rods on each of the side windows where you want them to pull back (just as if you were putting tier curtains up) and tie the curtain to the side. Then you could hang some pictures from the rod.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

Your curtain look great! Can you get 4 nice looking clips (like clothespins) and fold up the inside corner at a 45º and clip the corner to the side of the curtain at the angle. Not ideal but with a pretty pin holding the center corner against the curtain side, it would let in the light when you wanted it. You could just unclip the corner when you want the curtain to fall back down and leave the clip on the curtain side. Hope this makes sense, having a hard time describing what I mean.