Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours. >
  • Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

• Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:06 AM

My daughter was eating Manwich's with the kids the other night and burnt her tongue.....needless to say she yelled. Her two year old said "That's why you're supposed to blow on it first, Mommy"....I would have loved to be there for that one.......LOL!
    Old 11-07-2010, 04:17 AM

A group of us were eating together at the RenFaire booth the other night after hours. Shian had made some wonderful homemade chicken soup for all of us. Becky's DGS had been called back to the table to finish his. As he did so he commented "This isn't real chicken soup. My mom makes real chicken soup. It makes me feel better. It comes out of a can."
    Old 11-07-2010, 06:04 AM
    Power Poster

My DGD Rachel (8) is a firecracker. My DHs family has a saying and Rachel lives it wholeheartedly! I don't care how big you are or who you are you aren't walking over me!
    When she was about 3 her mom and dad came to pick her up at my house and this was about 10pm. She was tired and didn't want to go. She never wanted to leave my house anyway. I looked at her and said
    "Look little girl you are my granddaughter and I am your grandma and you have to do what I say."
    she replied(3 yrs old!) " You are MY granddaughter and I am Your Grandmother and you have to do what I tell YOU!! LOL I asked Sara is this anything like my brother is my grandfather??? LOL LOL
    Old 11-07-2010, 06:35 AM
    Power Poster

My DGD just turned 4. We have 3 cats and one morning I woke up to her saying to one of them (his name is Romeo)"Romeo, don't be so rough with me! I'm not a cat, I'm a human!"

I just layed there laughing.
    Old 11-08-2010, 11:47 PM

Kids! Don't you just love 'em?

Years ago, when we lived in a smaller house and my sewing machine was in the bedroom of one of my girls, I suddenly realized it was bedtime, and my sewing was scattered about the room. I rushed in and started straightening up and apologized, "Becky, I'm so sorry I have to sew in your bedroom."

She promptly replied, "You don't sew in my bedroom, Momma. I sleep in your sewing room!"
    Old 11-09-2010, 12:58 PM

These are all so precious!!!

When my kids were little, I did daycare in my home and all the kids liked muffins. One day when shopping, my then 3 yr old, in a typically very loud voice says..."mommy, can we buy some rotten bananas?" There was always a cart with the older bananas in it for quick sale....and he knew that meant muffins!!

A co-workers' little girl is great for funny comments. At about age 4 she was watching her mom get dressed and says..."Mommy, be careful not to tuck your undershirt into your panties." I thought about that one everyday after surgery on my hand as that was the only way I could get everything tucked in with only one good hand!!!! LOL

Patti
    Old 11-09-2010, 02:02 PM

One day my 5 yr old son and I are in the pool, the sun is all over our faces. He looked at me and said: mooommy... you are growing a moustache!
    Couldn't stop laughing and still do when I remember.
    Old 11-09-2010, 08:52 PM
    pal

Skylar borrowed my "Red Hat" and a red scarf. I held her up to the bathroom mirror so that she could see herself. I asked her if she thought that she looked like me when she wore my red hat. She said "no, Gram. You have those red dots all over your face - and my cheeks go out like this and your cheeks go in." Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed!
    Old 11-10-2010, 04:49 AM
    Power Poster

this was years ago (child is now 14) when she was 2 she said...." grandma, grandma come quick...look FLUFFY RAIN! when she noticed the snow falling. it still tickles me, and we still refer to snow as fluffy rain around here :)
    Old 11-10-2010, 07:56 AM
    pal

My son, Charlie, looked at his friend's Grandpa and announced "You look just like my Grandpa, only your head is different!"