Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours. >
  • Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

• Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes
    what a cutie!! i'm still in my 20's so no grandkids but the other day i was cleaning the cat box(i know gross, eh?) and my little guy came over laughing and said,"what are you doing momma? digging for treasures?" and then cracked up. that was pretty funny and clever for his age.
    In our family when someone was sent outside for a "Treasure Hunt" it meant they were to pick up the dog poop!
    Cute, We called it "Tootsie Roll Patrol"!!!
    Old 11-04-2010, 10:50 AM

Just before my 50th BD. we were at DS & DDIL's home in Utah. I mentioned on a ride that I couldn't believe that in 3 weeks I would be 50. My then 4 yr old DGD said How Old? And I repeated 50. She was rubbing my face and looking at me with those beautiful eyes and said " Boy Mammo, pretty soon you will be dead huh??? Boy did that make me feel old!!!
    Old 11-04-2010, 10:50 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

what a cutie!! i'm still in my 20's so no grandkids but the other day i was cleaning the cat box(i know gross, eh?) and my little guy came over laughing and said,"what are you doing momma? digging for treasures?" and then cracked up. that was pretty funny and clever for his age.

lol.. yes and those treasures WE don't want, so no need to share the wealth please..
    Old 11-04-2010, 10:51 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    In our family when someone was sent outside for a "Treasure Hunt" it meant they were to pick up the dog poop!
    We call them 'Land Mines.. '
    Old 11-04-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by misseva
    Once while my youngest GD was at my house I was dressed for gardening in my white pants & shirt with sunflowers stamped on the front to hide stains and my straw hat with sunflowers. Emily came thru the house and said "Nana, you're so pretty". I of course said "Why thank you Emily". Then she said "You look just like a Scarecrow!"
    ROFL... :lol:
    Old 11-04-2010, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Pam S
    Don't have grandkids yet but my niece pulled this one on my Mother. Mandy was about 4, sitting on her grandmother's lap, playing with Grandma's watch. Finally she said "Your watch is so pretty. Can I have it when you get old?" Grandma said, "Sure, I guess you can have it." They rocked for a little while longer and then Mandy looked up innocently and said "You're really old now aren't you, Grandma?"
    I gonna pee in my pants Im laughing so hard.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 11-04-2010, 11:20 AM

yesterday I was babysitting my four year old Naomi. We had been working on memory verses for her AWANA class at church. Sitting on the arm of my chair and her arm behind my neck she asked, "Grammy, have you ever had an angel of the Lord tell you ,"Behold, you will have a child?" I laughed all day.
    Old 11-04-2010, 11:21 AM

yesterday I was babysitting my four year old Naomi. We had been working on memory verses for her AWANA class at church. Sitting on the arm of my chair and her arm behind my neck she asked, "Grammy, have you ever had an angel of the Lord tell you ,"Behold, you will have a child?" I laughed all day.
    Old 11-04-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
    Just before my 50th BD. we were at DS & DDIL's home in Utah. I mentioned on a ride that I couldn't believe that in 3 weeks I would be 50. My then 4 yr old DGD said How Old? And I repeated 50. She was rubbing my face and looking at me with those beautiful eyes and said " Boy Mammo, pretty soon you will be dead huh??? Boy did that make me feel old!!!
    OMGosh!!!! The things they will say so bluntly! I love how OLD 50 is to a 4 year old. :lol:
    Old 11-04-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ricki
    I just sent this to my sis! I'm still laughing outloud!