Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours. >
  • Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

• Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:32 PM

My daughter was about 6 and she had just gotten in trouble for not picking up her coat. So I was consoling her in the kitchen explaining how important it was to remember to pick to pick up her stuff when all of a sudden she burst into tears and cried out I am so sorry momma "I think i suffer from short term memory loss!" (it was at that point i realized we watche finding nemo one too many times!!!)
    Old 11-04-2010, 09:41 PM

I recently took my (grown up) 10-year old granddaughter shopping for her birthday. I reminded her that because of my rheumatoid arthritis, "Grandma can't do a lot of walking," so we planned our trip carefully, but to the fullest extent so we could take advantage of Grandma and Lexie shopping together.

We went to "Justice." For anyone that hasn't heard, this is a clothing/accessory store for kids from 5 to 15. Its the "in" place to be!! Lexie shops like her Mom. Has to look at EVERYTHING, with Grandma tagging along not too far behind. Grandma finally gave up and let Lexie know that I was going to sit down, all the while keeping her in my vision. After a few minutes, Lexie came over, patted me on my shoulder (like she's taking care of me) and said, "What happened, Grandma? Did you run out of legitude?" :D :D :D

After almost 1-1/2 hours of prancing around that store, she walked out with a cute little grey sweater!! That's all! Onward to the next planned stop, with some refreshed legitude!
    Old 11-05-2010, 02:30 AM

When my oldest GD was about three she was looking at my spider veins and announced, "grandma, you've got cracks!" I think she was a little worried for me.
    Old 11-05-2010, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by dewie45
    When my oldest GD was about three she was looking at my spider veins and announced, "grandma, you've got cracks!" I think she was a little worried for me.
    Oh that's pretty close to the story I was going to tell.
    When one of my DGSs was about 3 or 4 he ran his finger down the deep lines in my FILs face (his great grandfather). Then he said loud and clear "PopPop, you're cracking up".
    Old 11-05-2010, 05:24 AM

We had bought papadums at the Indian grocery with my 4 year-old granddaughter and ate some for lunch. Later in the afternoon she asked me if she could have more 'popotamus.

My husband and I wanted to try Tartar steak ( raw ground beef with a egg yolk on top) I also boiled potatoes with the skin for that meal. We sat at the table with our four kids expecting a reaction from them. They look at us to check if everything was normal, we started eating, they also did in silence. Suddenly our seven years old asked *Are we going some place tonight* She added * I thought that we were in a rush to go out since you didn't take time to cook the supper!
    Old 11-05-2010, 05:33 AM

I don't have any grandchildren yet, but my two daughters have come up with such doozies that I can't wait to see what the grandkids will say when they come along!

When my daughters were around 6 & 3 we attended a local high school football game and sat behind a roped off area in the bleachers. Two ladies I knew were sitting inside that area. My 6-year-old asked why that area was roped off, and I noticed the two ladies smiling and glancing around at us. I explained that the area was saved for a high school reunion group...people who had graduated together who would want to sit together. She asked how long ago they graduated, and one of the ladies looked around and said, "Twenty years." On hearing that, my daughter's eyes got big and in a loud, clear voice she asked, "And they're still alive?!?" The two ladies weren't smiling quite as much on hearing that, but everyone else in the stands had a good laugh.
    Old 11-05-2010, 05:43 AM

Just got a call from my oldest daughter and mother of my 7 yr old GS. When she logged onto the internet someone had neglected to log off and evidently hit save all tabs. What greeted her was a wikipedia page about sh--. He had apparently Googled dog cr--. Boys are certainly entertaining.
    Old 11-05-2010, 06:12 AM

My niece who was about 4, was sitting on my lap and started to poke at my "girls" asking "what are those?"; I told her those were my "bumps". She asked me if she would get them also. I told her she would, when she grew up. A few months later her mother's insurance agent was at their home and my niece was coming down the stairs. The agent looked at here and said "what a big girl you are". (Can you guess what she said) Yep, "No, I am not, I don't have my bumps yet". We still laugh at that and wonder what color red the agent became.
    Old 11-05-2010, 06:22 AM

This was said by my daughter when she was around 4 years old, some years ago now, but we still laugh about it.

We were driving outside of Boston when she spotted a radio tower. She began to scream, cry and point. We had no idea what was wrong until she screamed "there's the thunder tower". She thought that's where the storms originated.
    Old 11-05-2010, 06:35 AM

When my daughter (now 19) was around 3 we were walking her brother to school on our usual route. When we got to the cross walk she stopped us & told us we had to be very careful because Jesus died on the crosswalk!! That is still a family classic!