Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours. >
  • Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

• Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:55 AM

I had picked up my grandson and we were in the car going to our house, I asked him "what are you doing back there" you know was he looking out the window, playing with his toy... he says "you put me here"....my answer after I stopped laughing was "I sure did" Too literal
    Old 11-05-2010, 01:26 PM

When my grandson was three, I took him to one of our fishing ponds. I pointed out bugs that were skimming along on top of the water and told him we had always called them "nickle bugs" He looked up at me and asked "Are they Jesus bugs" ( walking on water)
    Old 11-05-2010, 01:48 PM

Funny one on my niece and father: Gracie just starting to walk really comes up to my father who is leaning in to the fridge looking for something to eat Gracie reaches out and rubs his bottom,"Gramp do you need your diaper changed," My Dad hit the top inner shelf, knocked everything askew, and couldn't say a word. We were all dying, he didn't think it was funny. He died 8 years ago and were still laughing.
    Old 11-05-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay
    When my daughter (now 19) was around 3 we were walking her brother to school on our usual route. When we got to the cross walk she stopped us & told us we had to be very careful because Jesus died on the crosswalk!! That is still a family classic!
    Love it!
    Old 11-05-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ricki
    yesterday I was babysitting my four year old Naomi. We had been working on memory verses for her AWANA class at church. Sitting on the arm of my chair and her arm behind my neck she asked, "Grammy, have you ever had an angel of the Lord tell you ,"Behold, you will have a child?" I laughed all day.
    That's a peach!!! OH MY LORD!!! If mine told me that I would spit my teeth clean out of my mouth!!! LOL LOL
    Old 11-05-2010, 03:37 PM

When my oldest daughter was about 8 or 9, she spent the weekend at my mom's house. My mom asked her to help clean the house. She had swept the kitchen, and then mom asked her to sweep the bathroom. Jessica put her hands on her hips and said with a real attitude, "I feel just like Cinderella". My mom always reminds her of that one.

Another time, when about 4 years old, Jessica had been in pre-school a few months. She had always been a sleep-talker. I had moved home with Jess after my dad had passed away, and my mom and I were standing in the hallway outside the bedroom door where Jess was asleep. All of a sudden she says in a sleep-slurred voice, "Let's all sing Happy Birthday to Jesus", pronounced Ha-sus - Spanish name. Mom and I nearly fell over laughing. We still tease her about it..and she's now 36 years old.

My daughter Jessica had taken her kids to see "Despicable Me". My 2 year old grandaughter Madison loved it!! Now she keeps running around saying, "Does this count as annoying?" and patting the sides of her face. We all crack up!! (maybe you had to have seen the movie -- it's what a little girl character in movie did, and Madison apparently looks just like her!)

My youngest daughter (now 26) then about 4 was with grandma in a shopping cart at the check out. The lady in front of them was quite elderly, and her hair was really messy. Samantha said, "Grandma what's wrong with that lady's hair?" in a very loud voice. The lady turned around, looked at them, put her hand to her hair and said, "Oh my word!! I forgot to comb it today!".
    Old 11-05-2010, 04:12 PM

I was visiting with my 8 year old granddaughter. She asked "Grandma, do you know how to knit?" I said sort of why? She said, "Because I want to learn something old."
    Old 11-05-2010, 05:31 PM

I had taken the granddaughters show shopping and as I was putting the youngest in her carseat and she was telling me how much she loved me and then she said, Mom-Mom, I don't know what I am going to do when you die, she was 5. I said to her that she didn't have to worry about that for a long time. But she just touched my heart. You just never know what they are going to say.
    Old 11-05-2010, 05:48 PM

My granddaughter at 7 yrs old was visiting one spring vacation. We went to this busy noisy cafe for breakfast(dishes were even loud), and we are sitting in a booth. I asked her what her mom, dad, and her had done over the week-end. "We went to Mary's condum, and does she have a big one, it has a fireplace in it." Needless to say it got real quiet in there, and the dishes never rattled the whole meal. I've never gone back, and the DGD is now 28. I still tell her just wait till your DD does that to you. I wonder what the customers said after we left.
    Old 11-05-2010, 05:55 PM

I remember two special times with my youngest son. We were in Santa Cruz, CA on the boardwalk, standing in line at one of the rides. In front of us was a hippy (this was in the early 70s) who was tattooed all over his visible body parts and had several safety pins dangling from his ears. Little Mark kept staring at him and I told him in a low voice that it was not polite to stare at strangers.
    Mark picked the one time no rides were going, no gangs of kids were screaming on the rides and his clear voice rang out "But isn't that why they do that so people will look at them?" Made me and DH want to craw under the nearest bench, but the big guy in front of us merely grinned at Mark and told him he was a smart kid.

Then there was the time dear, sweet little 4 year old Mark was being a brat in town, mad at me because I would not buy him a box of kleenex. He didn't want the small box, he wanted his own BIG box of Kleenex. The store was quiet, everyone busy looking for whatever they wanted, so of course he picked that time to comment. With his face as red as his hair, he yelled out "You hate me!! You NEVER want to buy me any Kotex!!!!

You can bet I dragged his little rear end out of that store as fast as I could and shoved him in the car while we discussed his comments in rather loud voices all the way home.