Dancing With the Stars

Old 09-21-2011, 03:04 AM

I watched the Biggest Loser last night. I find that more intertaining than a rerun of the previous nights' DWTS. I just can't get into it. Someone said that the contestants are "has beens" - they never were! The Kardashian BOY - what has HE or ANY of his family has done? George Clooney's ex girlfriend? Big deal. In the past I never missed the program - Then, they had CELEBRITIES! Now??? Just "shirt tail riders"-- but - hey, all of you enjoy.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by ljsunflower
Gosh, seems like some of you really get into this show!
I've seen parts of it a time or two just flipping through the channels. Seems ok but not something I'd sit down & just watch. The 'stars' seem to be has beens. Or in Chaz's case - brand new has beens! LOL
I agree with a poster above. If there hadn't been all the publicity about him/her/it in between the dancing or the commercials or when they were promoting the show, no problem. But that's why they did it - so people would watch to see how she, er he does.
You may have to explain to your children about things such as this earlier than you wanted to if they are watching some of this.
I have to agree - I don't get network TV so I don't see the show, just see the Yahoo news about it. Am I the only one who thinks it should be called "Dancing with the C-List Celebrities"?

I bet if they had more people like the vet on, more people would watch.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:27 AM

I have been watching since it frist aired I think this year has boring people! My opion just sayin!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:03 AM

[quote=Gramof6]
Originally Posted by mzsooz
Originally Posted by lynnie
first time i watched, what's the big deal about Chaz Bono, everyone is making a big stink, kids don't know he was born a female, what's the big deal,
i know alot of people can't accept this, but i've done research on this, and sympathize with him and others in his position.we probable run into transpeople everyday, and never realize it.
I have no issue with Chaz other than they did not need to discuss his change operation or lifestyle on the program or on the commercials. So now kids do know he is a transgender. I feel like he is doing DWTS just to publicise his new lifestyle rather than the actual dancing and preparing & practicing. DWTS is not the place to promote his life story or new book IMHO. That is my only issue. I hope he goes home soon. Bravo to him for trying though. Carson was hilarious and was not a bad dancer. The wounded soldier was great!!! Riki Lake did okay doing the waltz. The other names all escape me. Will have to watch it tonight.
IMHO every contestant is on the show for self promotion in one way or another. They are definitely not the "A" list celebrities.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by sassey
i used to always watch this show. I used to think it a fun show to watch but guess I am a prude I find as the season goes on it gets more and more sexuall. At times it loooks like the couples are having sex while dancing just my honest opinion I never realized this untill watching with a 13 yr old she also mentioned it was to sexual for her to be allowed to watch
Have you ever watched the movie "Dirty Dancing"?
Old 09-21-2011, 06:31 AM

I think some of these shows have been on to long. I used to love Big Brother and Suvivor but this season I just can't get interested in them. I think they are boring after awhile.
Originally Posted by quiltymom
I have been watching since it frist aired I think this year has boring people! My opion just sayin!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:49 AM

I guit watchint when they had Sara Palins daughter on it.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:51 PM

Well I am cheating! I saw the results show and the right guy was choosen. Based on my years of dancing and watching dance competitions, I don't think that he would be able to improve enough to be in top 5/6 dancers.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:54 PM

Yes!! Girl after my own heart!!! I watched that show and still continued to waqtch it. I figured that they let her say on the show for 2 reasons, 1) She needed to show unwed mothers that its okay to have children out of wedlock and still do fun stuff (Huh?) and 2) She needed to promote her mother's political campaign. It couldn't be that she was a top-notched dancer!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:58 PM

?????????????????????????????????????????????