DDM

Old 09-06-2010, 08:50 PM

Ok one more. I was having one of those days it was a bad day and my mind was gone. I called my daughter to tell her to not call my cell because I had lost it and could not find it anywhere. She was so nice to me and said no problem I hung up with her only to realize it just so happened that I was talking to her on the phone I had lost. I had to call her back to say never mind and she was laughing so hard she could barely talk!!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:25 PM

My DH, #4son and I went to the store yesterday to pick up a few things for dinner. DH and #4 put the things in the back of the van while I got into the front of the van. I turned the key to the on position, but not all the way on. To roll down the windows. Son and DH get in the van and it's time to leave. without batting an eye I put the van into reverse and try to move. Nothing, the van won't move. I think "Oh no, this is a new van it better not be broken. Why is this thing not moving?" Then it hits me. I hadn't started the engine. DH and #4 son sat there and laughed. I have to admit I laughed too, cause I felt rather silly.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

Hey,I just call those gray hair moments!!! :mrgreen:
My car battery died and i called A AA road svc, then was so worried that if i got out of the car and the doors locked that i couldn't get back in, with no battery power.
I had the key in my hand!!!! forgot it opens the door when all i'd been doing is clicking a button on the key to open the doors since i bought the car.. duh!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:57 PM

Sounds like a BJ moment! lmao
Old 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM

I have a one too...
My niece's old car was slowly disintegrating, and the driver's inside door handle wouldn't open the door anymore. She would climb across to the other side to get out. One day, she gave a male co-worker a ride to lunch & when they got there, she waited for him to get out, then asked him to turn around while she climbed out. He asked why & she told him, because her inside handle wouldn't open the door. He then asked her: "Why don't you just reach out the window & use the other handle?" And yes, she too, is a natual blonde.
Even better - her blonde son did the exact same thing! :lol::lol::lol:

Old 09-07-2010, 03:13 PM

OK so i pulled a new DDM while quilting....

Im not familiar with my machine at all!! im taking a class on Sat on how to use it and to embroider. So im now doing the quilting thru 3 layers in my 1 ft sq blocks. So i need the walking foot. So i swap it out and i start to quilt and POOF i break the needle. Yup when all fails READ directions( even if i hate them). Sew hehe i didnt put that little guide on the needle screw arm and was wondering why when my needle went fown it hit it. LOL a few needles later and i figured it out Duh Debbie ( smacked forehead laffing at myself)
Old 09-08-2010, 12:26 PM

I DO ALOT OF DUMB THINGS. MY FRIEND AND I WENT TO KING SOOPERS TO GET SOME TOMATO SOUP. PUT THE SACK IN TRUNK ( ALSO MY CAR KEYS ) THANK GOODNESS THERE WAS A POLICE STATION ABOUT 2 OR 3 BLOCKS AWAY. HAD TO WALK THERE ( WAS SNOWING ) NO COAT ) . THEY GAVE ME A RIDE TO MY CAR. THE BAR THEY USE TO OPEN CARS WOULD NOT WORK. THEY GAVE US A RIDE HOME AND HAD TO BREAK INTO THE HOUSE AND OPEN THE DOOR FOR ME. THEN I LEFT MY PURSE IN THERE POLICE CAR. WHAT A DAY. MY HUSBAND JUST SHOOK HIS HEAD.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:35 PM

Not my own DDM but my cousin's. He was on a ladder for over an hour trying to fix an overhead light when me and my DH walked in. My cousin was sooooo upset, had his meters out, the hole 9 yards. Said he couldn't figure out what was wrong.

DH asked if he had tried A NEW LIGHT BULB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The look on my cousin's face was priceless. Got off the ladder, put in a new bulb and voila!!!

Best laugh we'd had in a long time.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:32 PM

One of my responsibilities is to manage the AV equipment for our training rooms. They came to get me today because the computer wouldn't work and they couldn't get their presentation up on the projector. I walked in, turned the computer on, and left....
Old 09-08-2010, 10:44 PM

I'm not sure it is the dumbest in all my years, but it rates up there very high. Tonight, after a very busy day of bathing the two dogs, doing laundry, vacuuming the house and taking care of the horses, all I wanted to do was get a shower and throw something quick together for dinner and get to bed. After cleaning up the kitchen I went to get my iphone and I couldn't find it downstairs; so, I figured it must be upstairs. Without looking any further, I went to bed and layed there for 1 1/2 hrs thinking about where I could have left it- had I not looked well downstairs, was it upstairs, or did it fall out of my pocket while I was picking tomatoes or feeding the horses or locking the barn gate? OMG, if it fell in the driveway the tree trimmers from the electric company are going to be there early in the morning and might run over it. Or someone out for their morning run might see it and take it along with all my information. So at 1:30 a.m., I (in my pj's) truck keys in hand, go out to get into the truck and to drive to the barn driveway half a mile away. There on the console is my phone. DUH!!! Never thought to look in the truck. I could have saved my self all that stress. Jinnie :roll: