Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >
  • Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

• Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-07-2011, 08:34 AM

That's a bummer but it is just a set back. The holidays are going to be hard for us all & we do need to enjoy them. I have been 'enjoying' a bit too much as well. BUT we will continue & do better...a slip is just a slip....not a lifestyle.

Originally Posted by meanmom
    I am so mad at myself. I work in a school and we are having a get fit class after school on Tuesday and Thursdays. We did the Jillian Michael video today. I came home and ate chocolate candy. My husband opened a bag that was supposed to be for Christmas. Now I will have to eat them all. I used to bring a snack to eat on the way home from work, an apple or something. I will have to go back to that so I quilt eating bad things when I get home. I will have to hide the chocolate from myself.
    Old 12-07-2011, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by susan...
    have to slow my life down so busy this month been eating out a lot...wwe all know how hard that is on a diet. i waas thinking on mailing the fat quarter at the beginning of the month...we could all toss a quarter in with the fat quarter and that should cover the additional postage.
    susan...
    or how about an extra stamp...that weights less!!!
    Old 12-07-2011, 09:30 AM

When I went through the list from the beginning, she had not posted she wanted to join. Rita's mom if I missed you please let me know. I am sorry.

Originally Posted by Murphy1
    I didn't see Rita'sMom on the list. Isn't she participating? I hope so.
    Old 12-07-2011, 05:48 PM

I got your message Cindy. I decided to step out this month, but thanks for checking. If it is ok I will just follow along for the insperation! Thanks again,
    Nancy
    Old 12-08-2011, 03:44 AM

If we do a PO Box someone has to rent it and be responsible for for it and the FQ's. If we are going to do that we should pick someone who is willing and we trust and ship the to that person with a stampt or two on the first of the month and she can ship the all out at the end of the mon to the winner.

Of course by sending our FQ at the beginning of the of the month we are admitting defeat for that month which might not be the best idea motivation wise. I know I've been telling myself over the last few months that I I couldn't possibly loose enough weight to win the fat quarter and I have gained instead. I've really sabatoged myself.

Peanut Butter is a good Taboo for this week as lots of people use peanut butter in making the dreaded Christmas goodies. This will postpone that fore at least one week.

We're going to miss you Nancy but please feel free to kick in your opinion and support for us when you feel like it.

Hope everybody has a good day - One Day At A Time!

Jeanne
    Old 12-08-2011, 06:25 AM

It does seem more complex that it should be. I think we need to rely on the honor system. If someone joins and then doesn't send fat quarters, I wonder how they will feel when they are successful and receive fat quarters from others? I think I would rather focus on the positive and celebrate the person who loses by immediately PM ing a congratulations and that very day sending them the much deserved reward of a fat quarter. I know if I ever lose the winning amount, the PM congrats will make me feel super and the mail delivery of surprises will be icing on the cake.
    Old 12-08-2011, 08:55 AM

Thanks for letting me know Nancy......I just dont want to miss anyone who joins. Thanks again for being apart of the group you are an encouragement and provide inspritation.

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    I got your message Cindy. I decided to step out this month, but thanks for checking. If it is ok I will just follow along for the insperation! Thanks again,
    Nancy
    Old 12-08-2011, 12:38 PM

I agree we should be on the honor system. I disagree that we admit defeat by sending the FQ at the beginning of the month. I see that as a way to know that when I win I know how many FQ's to expect.

Another thought would be to keep track each month of who sends the FQ's and if some one doesn't send then we don't include that person in future months.

Just a few thoughts.

Originally Posted by JHolm
    If we do a PO Box someone has to rent it and be responsible for for it and the FQ's. If we are going to do that we should pick someone who is willing and we trust and ship the to that person with a stampt or two on the first of the month and she can ship the all out at the end of the mon to the winner.

Of course by sending our FQ at the beginning of the of the month we are admitting defeat for that month which might not be the best idea motivation wise. I know I've been telling myself over the last few months that I I couldn't possibly loose enough weight to win the fat quarter and I have gained instead. I've really sabatoged myself.

Peanut Butter is a good Taboo for this week as lots of people use peanut butter in making the dreaded Christmas goodies. This will postpone that fore at least one week.

We're going to miss you Nancy but please feel free to kick in your opinion and support for us when you feel like it.

Hope everybody has a good day - One Day At A Time!

Jeanne
    Old 12-08-2011, 01:55 PM
    mim

I like the idea of knowing the color at the beginning of the month. I can have my FQ ready to send -- I don't always get it out the door right away, though. -- Perhaps a gentle reminder when the new list gets posted??

Mim -- this thread really helps me to keep on track with weight -- Thanks to everyone here -- I feel like I have a new family
    Old 12-08-2011, 04:21 PM

I think i did pretty good today. I did go to McDonalds and have a Big Mac but I worked out a lot today to work it off. I did 35 minutes on my elliptical. My multiple disability class went to a special olympics roller skating field trip. I didn't skate but spent over 2 hours holding kids up skating. Then I did a 45 minute pillates class after school. I sure hope the scale is kind to me on Saturday. I will be so mad if it isn't down quite a bit this week. Now I need a nap.