Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >
  • Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

• Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-04-2011, 10:17 PM

Well it has been great catching up on plans for following through on losing weight while supporting others at this site. I was surprised to see Cindy that only 10 people responded with the fat quarter. Susan... you will have to keep us posted on how it goes for you. I think the fat quarter is motivating and would like to continue sending it, sort of like the lottery, hoping to win in the end. I do think it is an honor system and hope it continues to be successful. Just as we post our loss with honesty and integrity, the sending of the fat quarter should be too. Just think if everyone had sent Cindy her fat quarters she would have 7 yards of fabric to play with.

I am still trying to figure out how to get the updates send to me. The first two months they came throughout the day. Now I get none. What should I do? I looked under settings but didn't see how to get the thread to be sent. I will go to advanced and see if something is there.

I found it under Go Advanced - I am set.
    Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 PM

look under thresd tools on grey tool bar.
    Old 12-04-2011, 10:31 PM

Thanks Susan... I got an email, it works.
    Originally Posted by susan...
    look under thresd tools on grey tool bar.
    Old 12-05-2011, 06:33 AM

I will go along with the group on this one! It's sad when people make a committment and then don't follow through. I mail every month. ( some months its a little later than I would like but i always mail)
    November was a really bad month I fell so far off the wagon that I could'nt even see it.
    Lisa
    Old 12-05-2011, 08:16 AM

I hope this doesn't come off sounding snarky or mean but I would like to say as far as people not sending their FQ's at the end of the month, maybe sending them in at the beginning of the month would solve alot of the problems of the winner not recieving all of their deserved FQ's at the end of the month. I know it has been an ongoing problem.

I have followed this thread for almost a year now, and for the first couple of months I didn't lose any weight but then I got really inspired by Missy and a few others that were posting at the time. Because like others on here I don't have any support or encouragement here at home, so having support from others on here(something I have never had before) made all the difference in the world, and I lost 49 pounds. I still have more to lose but have sort of stalled out the last few months.

I am not sure why so many people stop posting on a regular basis as the month goes on. As I said earlier I have followed this thread for almost a year now, so I am far from a new person. I used to post regularly, but for the past several months I have definately gotten the feeling that when I post I might as well be talking to the wall. It seems like people will post and address the people above and below my post and completely ignor anything I posted, or like anything I post somehow is not being seen by anyone else but me. It feels like there are a select few people on here who have become familiar with each other and that is the only people they care to address or support.

I know that communicating through writing is tricky because things can sound harsh or completely different than you mean them to, I know that I tend to make a joke about things that I struggle with when I talk about them and have spent alot of time worrying that I have affended someone on here because of that or that something I wrote came off sounding different than I ment it to. I didn't participate in Oct. because of this feeling and then MJ posted that they needed people to post more often and be involved so I thought that the way I was feeling was all in my head and I joined last month and had exactly the same experience as before. I don't mean this to sound rude but sometimes it feels like a little highschool clique and only a certain few are included in it and the rest are ignored until they get the message and go away. I have even sent PM's of praise or concern to two of the oldest participants on this thread because after almost a year you really do come to care about their struggles and feel happy for their successes, and they were ignored also. I don't mean to sound like I am whining I just thought I would offer the thought that others may have had simular experiences and stopped posting/participating because of it. It is just a thought and I hope I haven't offended anyone by what I have said it is just my experience on here not nessesarilly anyone elses.
    Nancy
    Old 12-05-2011, 04:18 PM

I like the idea of sending the FQ monthly. Could we do a quarterly winner too? Or would that be too hard to track? Without a monthly challenge it would be hard for me to stay motivated. The monthly prize keeps me motivated. THanks for doing this it is really helping me.
    Pat
    Old 12-05-2011, 04:38 PM

I weighed in Saturday. I knew I hadn't lost enough to win. I am on weight watchers diet. According to the scale I was down .2 of a pound for the last week. This was a shock as I feel my eating has been out of control since Thanksgiving. I am down 5 pounds for November. Not enough for a win but I am happy with it. Any loss is a good loss.
    I think we all need to motivate each other. This thread helps to keep me on track. I am motivated by the FQ even if I will probably never win. It still keeps me going. yes it is sad more people don't post or send their FQ. NOt sure how to solve that problem. Good luck to everyone.
    Purplemem I hope the news fro m the doctors is good. You are in my prayers.
    Old 12-05-2011, 04:40 PM

Rita, I know what you are talking about...I have felt the same way on different threads. I find that it helps if I address someone personally. Hang in there with us. BTW, I did mention your response in a post on the last page
    Old 12-05-2011, 05:02 PM

you asked me to let you know about nov fat quarters...it is too soon for them to get here, but only 11 people asked for snail mail. there were at least 26 signed up. hope that this helps with jan vote.
    ssome of the most active posters did not ask for snail mail.
    susan...
    Old 12-06-2011, 05:18 AM

I lost the thread for a few days, I have no clue as to how I did that. Thanks susan for your address, will get your FQ out to you ASAP. I think we should send out the FQ the beginning of the month. People worked hard for that FQ and deserve to get it. I totally agree with Rita's mom. I used to feel alot of support but lately have just kind of felt like I'm being a bother.

I know that some of the tried and true members have been ill and that has changed the prespective of the board. We worry about them and wish there was a way to find out about them. We worry about each other all the time which is why it would be could to have weekly contact if at all possible.

This thread is not just for weight lose support but for emotional support. You need both when trying to make a major life trying change. Get in there every body and do what you need doing for you to make that change. One Day at a Time.
    Jeanne