Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Did you grow where you were planted? >
  • Did you grow where you were planted?

• Did you grow where you were planted?

Old 10-22-2011, 08:07 AM

I was raised in a very small N.E.Texas town My DH in one ten miles away. He went into the army as soon as we married where he retired. We Lived all over the country and years in the Far East. We were so bored growing up we could not see moving back to that area so when he retired out of Ft. Sam Houston Tx. we liked it here owned our home so here we still are. This area is never boring.
    Old 10-22-2011, 08:16 AM
    Power Poster

I lived in the town I was born in for 30 years, moved 30 miles away, then got married and moved 15 miles the other direction from my hometown. We are now also 30 miles from my hubby's hometown :)
    Old 10-22-2011, 08:23 AM
    Power Poster

I'm not even in the same country! I am UK born, but moved here after my marriage break up, as property prices were cheaper, and my DD and her family are here.
    Old 10-22-2011, 08:24 AM

I have always lived in TX, except for a yr we spent in Idaho. Loved it, but everyone we knew and loved was in TX. We retired and moved to College Station. We are pretty central to everyone and it is pretty easy to get around the state from here. We are both Native Texans.
    Old 10-22-2011, 08:25 AM

Dad was in the Army so we moved around a LOT. He retired and we ended up 2 miles from mom's mom. Dad's family was from 15 minutes away in NC. I went to the same high school for four years. It was really wonderful there, but I ended up joining the Army and then married someone in the Army (he is from Spokane, WA). He retired and we went back to NC to live. It just didn't work out for us so we packed everything we could including 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a cat, and headed north west. Been here is Spokane for 12 years now and that is the longest I have ever lived anywhere in my life!!! The kids were young when he retired and have had the same friends for years who I got to watch grow up. Sure miss NC and living in the country though!
    Old 10-22-2011, 08:26 AM
    kbs

Grew up in Maine-potatoes, corn, cows and lobster
    Lived in Michigan-cars
    Retired to Kentucky-chickens
    Old 10-22-2011, 08:26 AM

I lived in different cities all over when a child, my father's job meant many transfers, then met hubby and he was in the Navy so spent my married life moving all over too. Hubby retired while stationed in Pensacola, FL and we lived there the longest until he passed. I wanted to live in the country but be close to Pensacola and my kids and grandkids, so I found my property here in Selma Alabama, right on the Alabama river, built my dream log home and here I am and here I plan to stay!!!
    Old 10-22-2011, 08:30 AM

I am a transplant to the Chicago area. Born in Buffalo NY , lived in various parts of NYS prior to the move to Suburbs of Chicago.
    At the time I moved here , it was the right thing to do , more career opportunites and the move was worth it. Now I would love to move back, but selling a house right now...... YIKES!
    Old 10-22-2011, 08:34 AM

I grew up almost in center city Philadelphia but moved to the country after I married. Now I live about 40 miles NW of Philly. It is a townhouse but it is as close as I can get to a farm! Love the country and like the city.
    Old 10-22-2011, 08:34 AM

was born up here in Northern Ontario Canada where i still live...who in their right mind would live up here unless thy were born here...he he he....well it does have fresh air, beautiful forests, lots of wildlife thus amazing fishing and hunting as well as peace and quiet....guess it`s not TOO bad!!! lol