Diet Experiment

Old 06-20-2010, 04:04 AM

Start today. Mondays are hard enough as it is. Have the mindset that this effort is not all or nothing. It's a process. There will be good days and there will be difficult days. Even a few changes today will have you feeling better by Monday. It is a beautiful day for a walk.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:42 PM

I walk every night in the area between my building and the neighbors and this is when I take the dogs out... I spend about 30 - 45 minutes doing that... about two to three times a night. I know I need to do more than just that, it's just been really really warm. But tomorrow I have my school advising... and then tuesday will be a definite work out day.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:32 PM

My daughter is doing the couch to 5k, and she is loving it. She is not a runner at all, never has been, but this programme made it so easy for her to start running...good luck
Old 06-20-2010, 07:35 PM

Your diet plan sounds workable and generally healthy.

I find that it's much easier to get the extra water in during the summer, cuz I'm actually thirsty (not just wanting something tasty to drink).

Also in the summer it's easier to eat salads instead of heavier meals.

Amd you can eat all the leafy green stuff you want, as often as you want!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:59 PM

A great sub. for sugar is Agave Nectar. When we started cutting out sugar , I was skeptical about it working, not only does it work, but after about 3-4 weeks you lose your cravings for a lot of foods & the weight will start to come off. :thumbup:
Old 06-21-2010, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by amazon
A great sub. for sugar is Agave Nectar. When we started cutting out sugar , I was skeptical about it working, not only does it work, but after about 3-4 weeks you lose your cravings for a lot of foods & the weight will start to come off. :thumbup:
I've never hear of Agave Nectar. Where do you buy it?
Old 06-21-2010, 06:03 AM

Count me in! I was determined to start a diet when school got out. I'm about 10 days into summer vacation and can't make myself do it. I'm 163 lbs, 5'5" and 56 yrs young. I'm on meds for high bp, cholesterol and trig. My goal is 30 lbs and to get off as much of the meds as possible. I need someone to be accountable to. Oh, and I LOVE dark chocolate!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:12 PM

I think I did a ton of excersice today!!! up and down stairs all day and walking from building to building in the heat and humidity!

OH! And I did real good today!!!

I had a bowl of Raisin Brand (not my favorite, but it was what was in the fridge), and a full serving of Nestle Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials (as a supplement to my normal breakfast, and I usually am pretty satisfied for the day). Then I had a ham and cheese sandwich on a cresant and some lemonade and a cookie (I know I know... but the pasta salad was gross... and it was all they had...)

The table at the beginning of advising had cakes and what not, and I did not take one! Not a one!!! I'm so proud of my self!!!

And it would be awesome to have a few others partaking in this!!! :P
Old 06-21-2010, 02:15 PM

Sounds like you are off to a good start! My day started out great-oatmeal with prunes cut up in it (sounds gross but actually very good) with a touch of brown sugar. Whole wheat toast with promise marg. Dinner was a salad with grilled chicken and strawberries. Lunch was a disaster but tomorrow I'll do better. Next I go for a 1 hour walk with a friend.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:08 PM

Where can we find the recommended foods for this diet and the amounts? I'm interested - and really need to do it.