dishware suggestions

Old 04-28-2011, 07:56 AM

There is a product that you can purchase to wash the marks off the corel dishes, and it is made (If I am not mistaken) by corel. The only ugly thing is that you have to wash the spots off by hand, now the good part is they don't have to be YOUR hands! lol

TreeFrog
Old 04-28-2011, 08:07 AM

I have had my Winter Frost White Corelle for more than 30 years and they do not look worn at all. I liked the all white because they will look good with any table cloth. I also like that they are not heavy. My daughters both have some Fiesta ware, it is pretty but very heavy. With four kids they have held up well, many times dropped, but only a few pieces have broken. I think for most they hit something hard on the way down such as the handle on the stove. Being open stock they are easy to replace or add to. Once I had bought some dessert bowls, and when a stack of dishes were dropped a couple of them had broken. I sent a copy of my receipt to the company and they replaced them as they were within the warrenty period.
I do NOT have a dishwasher, so that may be a factor in their look like new condition.

Quick answer LOVE THEM and have for 30+ years.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:08 AM

Sounds like it is time to go shopping. The last dishes I bought were inexpensive so when I'm tired of them I can get new ones!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:41 AM

I have Corelle that I have used for over 20 yrs. and it is still holding up very well!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:49 AM

I've had corelle ware forever and never had any problem with it in the dishwasher. Many of the stores carry very pretty corelle ware patterns such as Walmart and Kmart. Both very reasonable. The corelle ware is also much lighter to lift if you have arthritis in your hands. Hope this helps.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:02 AM

I bought a set of Corelle 2nd hand in a yard sale 38 yrs ago and I've used them every day since then.They still look almost new. I found that to much micro-waving makes them brittle but replacing pieces is quite easy and a stack of 16 plates weigh less than 4 of my Holiday set
Old 04-28-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Corelle is great because it is so thin, doesn't take up a lot of room in the cabinets.
------------------------------------------
Got mine about 40 or so years ago, don't remember how many. Mine is the golden butterfly and have all the pieces to it. I think that we've only broken a couple of pieces to it, but picked up replacements in yard sales, as well as the nice mugs I didn't know were made. The "good" wedding gift china lives in the closet, next trip the first kid who wants it gets it.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:19 AM

What about the tableware? Have you been scrubbing them with something new? Or have you changed the dish washing soap?

If they are leaving marks on everything you own, I"d buy a handful of different types of cheapie dishes at a yard sale and see if they wind up the same. Then you could maybe find the cause.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:20 AM

Call me crazy, but I can't have corelle around. the sound of silverware on the surface of the dishes makes my skin crawl. It's worse than fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I started collecting Fiestaware. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my dishes. I'm doing all colors. Every time I see them, it makes me smile and that's an important thing!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:45 AM

The marks are normal for stoneware. It needs to be treated differently. It's clay with a glaze. Not your average dishes. Easy to get the marks off, you just need to clean them differently.