Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Do not understand online stores sometimes >
  • Do not understand online stores sometimes

• Do not understand online stores sometimes

Old 12-08-2010, 07:45 PM

I have tried for about an hour to purchase some flannel from a known fabric store and on 2 pages the flannel shows 1.79 per yard then I go to check out it shows up as 4.99 ok so I go and choose another flannel on sale that is 2.49 a yard I click on the one I want load it in my basket no longer on sale....... I am about to scream since I need this flannel and well of course the customer service is closed. I did take a picture to make sure they see what I am talking about. has this happened to you?? (I am not posting the name of the store it is not needed.)
    Old 12-08-2010, 07:51 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

That doesn't sound right. If you can, just place the order by phone in the morning.

As far as I know, for all the e-commerce software I've ever heard about, the price should be the same throughout the "shopping trip" except that some carts only show sale prices after you've added the item to the cart. It sounds like this is working backward.

Best to tell them what was happening. They could have some sort of error that they'll be able to correct, once you tell them about the problems you had.
    Old 12-08-2010, 07:53 PM
    Banned

YES!!!!!!!!!!! and I will say the name it is Joann's. I called they siad it was my computer and cookies they even told me what to do and walked me throughit step my step. The girls was real helpful she then said OK now it will be the correct price. I got off the phone and it was the same 1 price on the page and more then double the price when it was in the cart. I didn't call back they lost a sale.
    Old 12-08-2010, 07:58 PM

I understand your frustration. I was ordering last week online with a well known shop and on the last selection the All the prices changed dramatically in the cart. Thought that it was something I had done so I went back and checked the prices on the first pc and it was doubled. Needless to say I canceled the order. I checked my e-mail alert that I had received prior to the sale to make sure that there was not a specific time table for the sale and it was supposed to be all day. Go Figure! Glad it was just stuff I wanted not needed.
    Old 12-08-2010, 08:04 PM
    Banned

If it is Joann's I just got an e-mail buy it tomorrow they have 3 hours free shipping on any order no minium from 12-3 est. Code......FSNM343
    Old 12-08-2010, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    If it is Joann's I just got an e-mail buy it tomorrow they have 3 hours free shipping on any order no minium from 12-3 est. Code......FSNM343

That's IF you can get anything ordered and the site doesn't keep crashing.
    :shock:
    Old 12-09-2010, 06:39 AM

I fought with them once over a "one cut of fabric will count as one item" coupon....I won but I wouldn't give up LOL they gave me the coupon on one yard and I was not going to let them get away with it...
    Old 12-09-2010, 06:50 AM

I placed an order over a week ago, it didn't come and I went in to see what was up and it said i had no orders pending and my cart was empty. Thought It got lost in cyberspace, then yesterday I see they had money coming out of my on line account, so not sure what is going on with that order.
    Old 12-23-2010, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    YES!!!!!!!!!!! and I will say the name it is Joann's. I called they siad it was my computer and cookies they even told me what to do and walked me throughit step my step. The girls was real helpful she then said OK now it will be the correct price. I got off the phone and it was the same 1 price on the page and more then double the price when it was in the cart. I didn't call back they lost a sale.
    I've never shopped from them online, only in the store. My sister-in-law and I joke about their "gotcha" fee. We've got to watch receipts very carefully and are never surprised when things add up to more than they are supposed to.