Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Do you do the  "lost and then found" routine? >
  • Do you do the "lost and then found" routine?

• Do you do the "lost and then found" routine?

Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 PM
    Power Poster

You are not alone! Maybe it is because we have so many things to do/think about/anticipate, plus remember/pick up/remind for all the males in our lives!
    Old 04-29-2011, 08:37 PM

Yes! A long time ago I got a bracelet for a friend for Christmas and it ‘vanished.’ Found it 3 months later in a closet. I would have sworn I looked there … I keep my seasonal kitchen things (placemats, napkins, etc.) in a cabinet in the kitchen. Last Thanksgiving it was hard to get the fold line out of the placemats. So when I put them away I hung them on pants hangers in a closet. Hope I can remember this next Thanksgiving :-P
    Old 04-29-2011, 09:03 PM

I am the one that finds things. My husband looses stuff left and right and they call in the big guns I usually find them in 10-15 minutes. :)
    Old 04-29-2011, 09:12 PM

Oh and I thought I was alone. :):):)
    Old 04-29-2011, 09:18 PM

When I read this and read about the bracelet, it reminded me that I needed to get my charm bracelet, that has over 40 charms on it, and put with the rest of my jewelry in case we have to evacuate because of the river. I lose stuff all the time.

Originally Posted by tellabella
    I always wondered as a child when my mother would point out certain "hiding" spots she used so that when she returned from a holiday, or in her words "God fordbid I should die!" we, her daughters, would know where she had put her valuables...

Well, I have turned into the biggest "loser" of stuff...I will put stuff away in what I think is the perfect spot, and sure that I will know exactly where I put it..only to find later that I have no idea where it is...examples...

I put my bracelet in a Christmas oven mitt one year, then forgot about it, packed it up with the Christmas stuff, thought I lost it at the mall, and the following Christmas, found a great surprise when I unpacked the mitts...packed up jewellry in the balloon drapes, then forgot...dropped my rings in a dress pocket, then forgot...and on it goes..

Do the same thing at work..will have a copy of something...needless to say it will disappear 2 minutes later, then reappear right before my eyes...

and not to mention quiting things...I know that when i have so much to do it gets worse, and stress makes me very forgetful

...am I losing my mind...please tell me somebody else knows what I am talking about...
    Old 04-29-2011, 09:19 PM
    Kas

I do that and so does my mom. It made it very hard to start cleaning all her clutter after she broke her hip. You can't throw anything away without checking. She hides rings in old cold cream jars and stuff. So you have to stick your finger in to check before you toss. Yuck!
    Old 04-29-2011, 10:04 PM

The joke at work with me is, 'Sharon has lost her papers again'.... I waste more time looking for the papers I just had in my hand that I need to work on than the time it takes me to get things done. I get called away quite frequently. At home I try very hard to put things where I have designated they should go even if I have to stand up and walk across the room to put it where it belongs. This helps a lot.
    Old 04-29-2011, 10:09 PM

I think most of us can relate to this. When our grandson was 3 years old we bought him an rc firetruck and stashed it away for Christmas. Each year he kept asking me if we had found it yet. Well, we did when he was 11 years old!!! He gave it to a friend for Christmas. We looked everywhere, too. When we found it, sure enough, we then remembered hiding it.
    Old 04-29-2011, 10:09 PM

I do this alll the time
    Originally Posted by Janie Q
    How about going into the next room looking for something only to look around - and you can't even remember what you are looking for?!
    Old 04-29-2011, 10:41 PM

it is a very large club that we belong to--loosers not annonymous----my safe places are at least very safe cause even i cant find them