Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Do you do the  "lost and then found" routine? >
  • Do you do the "lost and then found" routine?

• Do you do the "lost and then found" routine?

Old 04-30-2011, 12:53 PM

I do it all the time.It's called "OLD AGE" ! LOL
    Old 04-30-2011, 01:04 PM

Good news/bad news. Good news is for all the ladies here because I can relate to these stories! Bad news is for myself because I can relate to all these stories!
    I washed two differnet flat sheets (couldn't find the matching fitted sheets that day). About a week later I found and washed the fitted sheets. Ummm....now where did I put the clean flat sheets???????? sadly, that's a true story.
    Old 04-30-2011, 01:55 PM

I tend to lose stuff in the "craft room"...which unfortunately would be a room packed to the gills with quilt stuff----but it also has beads, paints, yarn and a whole lot more in it! This is why I have two rotary cutters, several seam rippers and STILL cannot find something to write with in there!!! (I plan to organize it this summer....)
    Old 04-30-2011, 02:01 PM

I think a better question would be... who hasn't had that happen? LOL This also reminded me of my mother, who would "hide" little Christmas surprises, and the problem wasn't that she forgot where she hid them, she would forget that they even existed! Then sometime later in the year, she'd call and laugh and tell me to come over, she had something for me :-)

Thanks for this thread. It brought back a really good and sweet memory.
    Old 04-30-2011, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
    your looking at it wrong. Your playing Hide and seek with yourself in order to sharpen your memory skills.
    now that is a pearl!
    Old 04-30-2011, 02:32 PM

I've found the best way to find something that's "lost". Go out and buy a new one. For sure the "lost" one will turn up, ya know? :roll:
    Old 04-30-2011, 04:27 PM

I moved two yrs ago and put my quarter inch foot somewhere I would find it and I still haven't came across it. So, you are not alone. I would love to find it since it did cost alot when I bought it.
    Old 04-30-2011, 04:28 PM
    Power Poster

I was planting the garden today and every few minutes, I'd say...Now, where did I leave the shovel,....now, what did I do with the knife....Now, where did I put the plants... DH walks up behind me and says sweetly, " I sure hope you never accidently leave ME anywhere...you'll never remember where to come back for me!".....I just about died laughing!
    Old 04-30-2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    Goodness, I thought I was alone in my madness.
    Once when going on a week's vacation, I worried about an expensive set of tableware my DH's mother had just given us. So I put it in a very good hiding place, never to be seen again for a couple of years. One day while cleaning the sofa I stuck my hand down between the back of it and the arms, found all my good silver!! It really was a good hiding place.
    And when a dear SIL died, her kids sold a lot of her stuff but I had to stop the oldest girl from dumping her Mom's sewing machine.
    I had seen her put money in the little part that fits onto the left side of the machine!!! They found quite a little bundle of cash there, and I had them keep the machine for their own daughters.
    I want to know if the hiding spot for the silver kept the tarnish away!!?
    Old 04-30-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by tellabella
    I always wondered as a child when my mother would point out certain "hiding" spots she used so that when she returned from a holiday, or in her words "God fordbid I should die!" we, her daughters, would know where she had put her valuables...

Well, I have turned into the biggest "loser" of stuff...I will put stuff away in what I think is the perfect spot, and sure that I will know exactly where I put it..only to find later that I have no idea where it is...examples...

I put my bracelet in a Christmas oven mitt one year, then forgot about it, packed it up with the Christmas stuff, thought I lost it at the mall, and the following Christmas, found a great surprise when I unpacked the mitts...packed up jewellry in the balloon drapes, then forgot...dropped my rings in a dress pocket, then forgot...and on it goes..

Do the same thing at work..will have a copy of something...needless to say it will disappear 2 minutes later, then reappear right before my eyes...

and not to mention quiting things...I know that when i have so much to do it gets worse, and stress makes me very forgetful

...am I losing my mind...please tell me somebody else knows what I am talking about...
    I sure do know what you mean. I spent more time hunting for things I thought I knew just were it was to find out it's not there. I'am real good at puttng things so I can find them and hunt and hunt and sometime I find them and some times I never do.