Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Do you dye your gray hair & other grooming secrets >
  • Do you dye your gray hair & other grooming secrets

• Do you dye your gray hair & other grooming secrets

Old 07-02-2010, 03:07 AM

I have been going gray since I was 18.
    I feel like I have earned each one and I have lots, said I was never going to dye it!
    Now look what I have done- went to get a cut and the girl started talking about hilites (how do you spell that)- youngest graduating h.s., oldest graduating college and moving out and our 25th next thing you know I have hilites and love them!!!!
    What have I done!!!!
    Old 07-02-2010, 03:13 AM

no - I am grey - sometimes white - too lazy and one time someone told me that my scalp would absorb the chemicals and so would the rest of my body, so I don't dye.

Also, the question of the day??Why after a certain age, does the hair stop growing on our legs and underarms and start growing on our chins and chest?? Do we turn into men?? And for men, they get man boobs and walk funny??----ha!
    Old 07-02-2010, 03:41 AM

Yes I dye my hair! Got way too much silver in it to let it go, I am a redhead, and really am not ready to deal with the "stripe" in the front! Lol.
    As for makeup-wear it everyday even at home, foundation, mascara and lipstick. Also polish my nails and my toenails too. Get a pedicure once in a blue moon as a treat. I look at it this way, If I look good I feed good. Guess I am just a girly girl lol.
    Old 07-02-2010, 03:59 AM

I use henna on mine...it does much better than color for me. No nail polish...too much of a pain when i have to find remover and take the last of it off. no makeup in the summer either!
    Old 07-02-2010, 04:05 AM

I get my hair highlighted... probably once a year... I let it grow completely out b4 doing it again so I don't end up look'n like a blonde. Even though it's grow'n out, somehow it manages to look ok for 6-9mos. I have thick course hair, that's very 4giv'n. To bad, like my body, I didn't appreciate it when I was younger lol
    Old 07-02-2010, 04:14 AM

I'm Pentecostal--don't wear makeup, hair dye, nail polish, jewelry or pants. I used to put a rinse on my hair--usually red before I joined my church. My hair has been silver, pink, blond, and every shade of red from pink to burgundy INCLUDING fire engine red. The rinse didn't always "take" the same way and it didn't seem to ever wash out. Since I've joined my church my hair has grown. It's so thick and long it would take 6 or more boxes of dye to color it now. I've got better things to do with my money. However I will say that my hair is graying very weirdly--I have a dark stripe down the middle of my head and white on either side. Looks sort of like a brown skunk. Maybe God's just reminding me of what a "stinker" I was when I was younger. LOL
    Old 07-02-2010, 04:29 AM

I don't use nail polish or dye my hair. I am a little grey at the temples area. I have really long hair and almost every single day someone says to me " Do you know how long your hair is ?" or some thing like it and I was wondering if any one else gets this kind of comment with long hair.
    P. S. My hair is approximately 50 inches long.
    Old 07-02-2010, 05:10 AM

I'm Italian and I told my daughter that when I'm in the coffin this hair better be black....I've colored it for years, anything you do to yourself to make yourself feel better about you is OK
    Old 07-02-2010, 05:12 AM

I have that dull gray that washes you out, so I dye it. Moisturize all the time, little makeup. Have nails done once in awhile. Smile all the time
    Old 07-02-2010, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
    I don't use nail polish or dye my hair. I am a little grey at the temples area. I have really long hair and almost every single day someone says to me " Do you know how long your hair is ?" or some thing like it and I was wondering if any one else gets this kind of comment with long hair.
    P. S. My hair is approximately 50 inches long.
    Yes, all the time. I also get people telling me that I should donate it to "Locks of Love." Usually I just smile and tell them that it's not mine to donate. However I had a lady tell me once that I was being very selfish not to donate my hair. To her I said, "There's organizations that accept cars, trucks and boats for good causes yet you're still driving your car. Why don't you donate it?" She glared at me and walked away.
    I also have people that want to know how hard it is to take care of--it's not.
    or how long it takes to blow it dry--I don't.