Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • do you feel women should cut their hair >
  • do you feel women should cut their hair

• do you feel women should cut their hair

Old 05-28-2011, 11:51 AM

Your hair, your choice! Always had long hair until a few years ago when I had it cut short. My hair was thinning and the short cut gave it more body. It's easy and I like it.
    Old 05-28-2011, 01:07 PM

I believe it is up to the person. Hair has never been that important in my life. I let it grow than if it hits me, I cut it. I cut it short last month and my sons really like the cut. I am 69. For 30 years I had it cut very, very short and getting ready to go out took no time. I am really thinking about going back to the natural.
    Old 05-28-2011, 01:18 PM

My hair is so short (maybe an inch long).Wash and go. I get my hair cut every 28 days. I love my hair.Not out here to please anyone BUT ME
    Old 05-28-2011, 01:33 PM

I think most agree it's an individual choice, not an age "suitable" decision. I haven't had long hair since high school. (about 100 years ago) :-)
    Old 05-28-2011, 01:34 PM

My hair is very very curly so I wear it about shoulder length and have for many years....it's just not maneageable any longer than that. I'm 48 and will probably keep it this way til I die...since it's wash and wear, takes 5 minutes with the dryer to dry when I need to speed it up. No muss, no fuss!
    Old 05-28-2011, 01:35 PM

I am 56 with long hair. It is at it's longest it has ever been. It use to only get down to my bra strap. Now it below my waist. To me long hair is the easiest way to keep my hair. No blow drying, no curling iron, no gels, etc. I just use a ponytail holder to get out the way when I am tired of it. If it gets in my husbands way I tell him "No free Samples" LOL
    Old 05-28-2011, 01:55 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by purplefiend
    I have had my hair short for years and a year ago I decided to let it grow. I got a pleasant surprise. Its curly now!! It was always wavy but never curly. I think I'll let it grow to the middle of my back and see if I still like it. I'd love to have it long enough for a braid. I'm 54.
    My hair was always straight as a board. After my surgery it began to get curl. It is still not curly, but if I put it in a pony tail wet it will curl and I like it.
    Old 05-28-2011, 02:32 PM

I think that should be left up to the individual.
    Old 05-28-2011, 02:49 PM

In principle I think it is up to each woman and no one else's business. But it would be dishonest of me not to admit that there is an older female in our circle and we all plot ways to get her to cut her hair- this lady does not do anything with her hair- no braid, no combs, no colour. She doesnt even tie it back when she is cooking. Her own children say (unkindly but somewhat truthfully) that her hair makes her look like a witch. So, call me shallow but every time I see her I feel the urge to pin her down and at least trim her ends. Mind you, that is not an age thing, or even a gender thing, because I get the exact same urge when I see my teenage nephew with his straggly long stringy hair. There is a lot of emotion around hair, people!!!!
    Old 05-28-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by teacherbailey
    My hair is very very curly so I wear it about shoulder length and have for many years....it's just not maneageable any longer than that. I'm 48 and will probably keep it this way til I die...since it's wash and wear, takes 5 minutes with the dryer to dry when I need to speed it up. No muss, no fuss!
    I also have curly hair and have just gone from long to shoulder length. I love it because it is so wash and go !