Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Do You Know Someone Whose Pet Is At Rainbow Bridge? A Wonderful Book... >
  • Do You Know Someone Whose Pet Is At Rainbow Bridge? A Wonderful Book...

• Do You Know Someone Whose Pet Is At Rainbow Bridge? A Wonderful Book...

Old 03-21-2010, 01:29 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Fabriholic
    Dear quiltncrazy,

Time is a great healer but it takes a while. In the meantime I hope you find comfort in these words I've posted for others. DI

A Special Place

You have a special place, Dear Lord, that I know you'll always keep
    A special place reserved for dogs when they quietly fall asleep.
    With large and airy kennels and a yard for hiding bones
    And maybe a little babbling creek that chatters over stones.
    With wide green fields and flowers for those who never knew
    About running freely underneath Your sky of perfect blue.
    Lord, I know You keep this Special Place and so to You I pray,
    For one Special Bitsy who quietly died today.
    She was full of strength and love and so very, very wise,
    The puppy look she once had had long since left her eyes.
    So, speak to Bitsy softly, please, and give her a warm hello
    She's a Special gift to You Dear Lord from her mama, who loved her so.
    THANK YOU, EVERYONE.

Fabriholic, this is such a beautiful poem and brought tears to me.
    It gets a little easier at times, and then at others...
    It's only been just over two weeks for us...she is still everywhere, you know?
    I still expect to see her, or think it's time to feed her, or time for me to get a cuddle.
    I have my Ginger kitty right here. I found out she has Feline Aids, one week after Bitsy went to Rainbow Bridge.
    We love them each uniquely, but no two are alike.
    My Bitsy girl needed me, and i needed her, so, since i know she is happy and pain free, I smile, but at times...
    I still cry for me. thank you for this poem.
    Old 03-21-2010, 03:15 PM
    Lyn

If it helps any, feline aids is not a death sentence as long as you keep her healthy and not stressed. My rescue group has some that are in their teens. Hang in there.
    Old 03-21-2010, 09:47 PM

A friend of mine told me it takes about 3 years after a family member's death to get so you're not crying all the time. Pets aren't AS long, if I can speak from my experience, but it still is such a significant loss - especially when you're the primary/only caretaker. I had to have my 15 yr old Lhasa put down and the thing I told him before it happened was that now he was going to get to see grandpa and Aunt K again. And they both loved him so much.
    Hope your kitty gets better.
    DI
    Old 03-21-2010, 11:43 PM
    Banned

I am so sorry, they are our children to. Penny
    Old 03-22-2010, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    Originally Posted by Fabriholic
    Dear quiltncrazy,

Time is a great healer but it takes a while. In the meantime I hope you find comfort in these words I've posted for others. DI

A Special Place

You have a special place, Dear Lord, that I know you'll always keep
    A special place reserved for dogs when they quietly fall asleep.
    With large and airy kennels and a yard for hiding bones
    And maybe a little babbling creek that chatters over stones.
    With wide green fields and flowers for those who never knew
    About running freely underneath Your sky of perfect blue.
    Lord, I know You keep this Special Place and so to You I pray,
    For one Special Bitsy who quietly died today.
    She was full of strength and love and so very, very wise,
    The puppy look she once had had long since left her eyes.
    So, speak to Bitsy softly, please, and give her a warm hello
    She's a Special gift to You Dear Lord from her mama, who loved her so.
    THANK YOU, EVERYONE.

Fabriholic, this is such a beautiful poem and brought tears to me.
    It gets a little easier at times, and then at others...
    It's only been just over two weeks for us...she is still everywhere, you know?
    I still expect to see her, or think it's time to feed her, or time for me to get a cuddle.
    I have my Ginger kitty right here. I found out she has Feline Aids, one week after Bitsy went to Rainbow Bridge.
    We love them each uniquely, but no two are alike.
    My Bitsy girl needed me, and i needed her, so, since i know she is happy and pain free, I smile, but at times...
    I still cry for me. thank you for this poem.
    Thanks - Our Bridget, a Pudel Pointer, died in my lap, in our back yard, on her own, on September 10, 2001. I am sitting here crying my heart out for her. It doesn't ever go away. She was so much a part of our lives - 14 years, almost 15 - all 75 lbs of her. She was the best hunting dog in the world. When my husband came down with leukemia I held her while I prayed. She was a comfort to me and when my husband was well, she was his pride and joy. We had Bridget cremated and whichever of us goes first Bridget will go with us. I had the vet put in her urn "The Rainbow Bridge", a story about her, and the poem that Jimmy Stewart wrote about his dog. So time has passed - we got another dog, Bess, a black lab/pointer, picture to the left. She is a sweet dog (full of vinegar) and when my husband came down with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2005, I held her while I prayed. She was a comfort to me and as he got better, we walked with her and took her for rides and she is the light in our home now. When her time comes, we will mourn for her just like Bridget, and I do know this...this will never be a dogless home. For what it is worth, my husband was just told that after five years there is no sign of cancer, that he is now considered cured. Oh yah, one more thing. Yes, there is Heaven for dogs - "Be thou comforted, Little Dog. Thou, too, in Resurrection shall have a little Golden Tail." Martin Luther

Godspeed, Bitsy and all other furbabies. See you at the Bridge! Edie
    Old 03-22-2010, 06:58 AM

DO YOU KNOW WHERE SHE GOT THE BOOK. WE LOST OUR LITTLE TEDDY (PEKANESE POODLE) A MONTH AGO AND BEFORE THAT OUR LITTLE SHITZU. MY GRANDSONS HAS BEEN DEVASTATED SINCE THEN. WHEN HE MOVED 12 HOURS AWAY THIS PAST FALL I ADOPTED A LITTLE 8 YEAR OLD YORKIE TO HELP EASE THE LONELINESS OF THEIR ABSENCE. WHEN HE MET HER AT CHRISTMAS TIME HE ASKED ME HOW OLD SHE WAS AND THEN WHEN I TOLD HIM SHE WAS 8 YEARS OLD HE SAID "OH, SHE'S OLD AND IS GOING TO DIE TOO". THE BOOK FOR HIM WOULD BE A GREAT GIFT.
    Old 03-22-2010, 09:24 AM

I love the poems in this thread. Makes me cry for your loss and also for the pets I've had over the years. They are forever in our hearts.
    Old 03-22-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Its really difficult to lose a furry friend... HUGS
    ditto
    Old 03-22-2010, 04:26 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sewing Grandma
    DO YOU KNOW WHERE SHE GOT THE BOOK. WE LOST OUR LITTLE TEDDY (PEKANESE POODLE) A MONTH AGO AND BEFORE THAT OUR LITTLE SHITZU. MY GRANDSONS HAS BEEN DEVASTATED SINCE THEN. WHEN HE MOVED 12 HOURS AWAY THIS PAST FALL I ADOPTED A LITTLE 8 YEAR OLD YORKIE TO HELP EASE THE LONELINESS OF THEIR ABSENCE. WHEN HE MET HER AT CHRISTMAS TIME HE ASKED ME HOW OLD SHE WAS AND THEN WHEN I TOLD HIM SHE WAS 8 YEARS OLD HE SAID "OH, SHE'S OLD AND IS GOING TO DIE TOO". THE BOOK FOR HIM WOULD BE A GREAT GIFT.
    aw, sewing grandma, I'm sorry for your loss and that your grandson is so deeply devastated by these furbabies passing.
    The book is called, "All God's Creatures Go To Heaven, and it's written by Amy Nolfo - Wheeler.
    I don't know where Gaigai bought it, but I'm sure you could find it online at amazon.com, abebooks, overstock.com or maybe some others have suggestions of online bookstores.
    If I can remember to, I will ask Gai where she got it.
    There is another book I saw online called, "I will Always Love You". I have never read it, but the reviews for it, look like it's a very good book for children.
    I hope talking about the Rainbow Bridge helps. It might be one person's way of describing Heaven, but I truly believe deeply in my heart, we will see our pets again.
    All good and perfect gifts come from God, so i know they return to him and since it will be "Heaven", all the best is there. They truly are the best.

Here is a picture of the card, Gaigai sent to me:

CARD FROM GAIGAI
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23365[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-23365.jpe  
    Old 03-22-2010, 04:33 PM
    Power Poster

thank you everybody. I am so sorry for each and everyone here that has lost a pet.
    They give so much more love and quality to our lives than we could ever return, but we do our best.
    Animals are so loving and forgiving. It's wonderful to be able to reach out to such wonderful friends as yourselves and to hear about your loves too.
    I am sorry for each passing, but also encouraged and looking forward to the big reunion and meeting all of your pets too.
    Bitsy will be able to introduce them to me :-D