Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Do You Know Someone Whose Pet Is At Rainbow Bridge? A Wonderful Book... >
  • Do You Know Someone Whose Pet Is At Rainbow Bridge? A Wonderful Book...

• Do You Know Someone Whose Pet Is At Rainbow Bridge? A Wonderful Book...

Old 03-22-2010, 04:52 PM

For everyone here who has lost a pet, think about this: we were the BEST parents for our little gals/guys that they could have ever had! I was not able to have children, so my little buddies were my kids - and I couldn't have loved them more. They went with me whenever I visited friends and relatives - birthday parties, Thanksgiving, Christmas - they came along. I only wish I'd had had a digital camera before they had to leave.

I think tears are cleansing, so, it's good to cry. We never forget; the pain does subside ... thank goodness. Couldn't image living every day with those thoughts so close to the surface. For the life of me, tho, I just don't understand how people can abuse animals. Those people should never be allowed near them - EVER.
    Old 03-22-2010, 04:54 PM

As I sit here reading and crying....I think of my big baby, Jack. 3/4 border collie, 1/4 german shepard. After 2 weeks of him living with us I thought that we were going to lose him....parvovirus struck. :thumbdown: What a horrible thing for a 6 week old puppy to have. I cried daily then, but drove 25 miles every day to check on him and feed him by hand. Miracles do happen once in a while...he lived through it!!! He spent about a month at the vets office and finally got to come home. 2 weeks later, he was stung in the face by a bee and was allergic to bee stings!!! About a year later, we found out he was epileptic(sp?) After we bought a house and moved into the city limits, the neighbors dog kept trying to attack my baby. He finally managed to get this done and I almost lost him again due to infection setting in overnight. Poor baby had to have a drain tube inserted in his chest...but again...he lived through it. (Neighbor finally got rid of their dog due to city laws) After having my baby Jack for over 17 years, I tearfully had to have him join all the other furbabies at the rainbow bridge. I couldn't make him suffer anymore...he couldn't hardly walk alone by that time. I held him as he layed down in the back yard on his favorite blanket as he went to sleep.

It still hurts to think of him...I miss him every day. There will never be another Jack or another dog like him for me. I whispered to him that my Dad would be there to meet him and throw his toys for him, and that I would be waiting to see him again.
    I sit here trying to tell myself that this is really dumb, crying over a dog, but he was my best buddy for over 17 yrs and I never went very far other than work without him. Took him in the boat to fish even :D It lessens some, but still hurts even after over 3 years. Hugs Miss Mousie. Luv you :D
    Old 03-22-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Fabriholic
    For everyone here who has lost a pet, think about this: we were the BEST parents for our little gals/guys that they could have ever had!

I think tears are cleansing, so, it's good to cry. We never forget; the pain does subside ... thank goodness. Couldn't image living every day with those thoughts so close to the surface. For the life of me, tho, I just don't understand how people can abuse animals. Those people should never be allowed near them - EVER.
    I adopted a pom last July that someone had abused and for the life of me I can't understand why they did. So he barks...so what??? How could you beat a baby like that since he is as small as a human baby? (Just about as noisy when a human baby cries is all.) :) I told DH that if I ever met these people that they would wish that I never had. Hopefully they never have children is all I can say!!!
    Old 03-22-2010, 05:04 PM

My heart goes out to each person that has lost a pet. I still remember losing my dog when I was about 8 years old. Now I have little mixed dog that me loves everyday. She is always happy to see me and loves to sit in my lap. But, she is sick, having seizures. I know one day God will be ready for her, but until then she and I will love each other.
    Old 03-22-2010, 05:35 PM

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Thinking of you.
    Old 03-23-2010, 05:06 AM

We lost our little Teddy a month ago, and my grandson loved him so much. Yesterday, I was given a little girl for him. She is 2 1/2 months old and a small little thing. We are going to see our grandson this weekend and he doesn't know that we have a little fur friend for him. I may bring her back home with us for a couple months until our daughter has her baby, but will see how it goes at their house while we are there. With the grandchildren gone - the furbabies are so much more comfort - my little Yorkie (who was my grandchildren replacement)was a bit jealous but they made me an "oreo center" last night - both slept as close to me as they could on each side. Love to hear them breathe during the night. Best wishes to all of you who have lost a dear pet - the pain does ease but the memories of them never fades.
    Old 03-23-2010, 06:51 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Fabriholic
    For everyone here who has lost a pet, think about this: we were the BEST parents for our little gals/guys that they could have ever had! I was not able to have children, so my little buddies were my kids - and I couldn't have loved them more. They went with me whenever I visited friends and relatives - birthday parties, Thanksgiving, Christmas - they came along. I only wish I'd had had a digital camera before they had to leave.

I have 3 daughters and one is in your situation, fabriholic, so she has six inside kitties. They have a scratching post dd made herself, bc hubby doesn't carpenter as well, lol.
    She made them a climbing tower with a walk through cave and two places to lay on pillows she made for them.
    She's very good at many things and she loves making things for them.
    They have toys, the run of the house and sleep with DD and hubby.
    I call it a kitty mansion:wink:
    Old 03-23-2010, 06:57 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by tigger5464
    As I sit here reading and crying....I think of my big baby, Jack. 3/4 border collie, 1/4 german shepard. After 2 weeks of him living with us I thought that we were going to lose him....parvovirus struck. :thumbdown: What a horrible thing for a 6 week old puppy to have. I cried daily then, but drove 25 miles every day to check on him and feed him by hand. Miracles do happen once in a while...he lived through it!!! He spent about a month at the vets office and finally got to come home. 2 weeks later, he was stung in the face by a bee and was allergic to bee stings!!! About a year later, we found out he was epileptic(sp?) After we bought a house and moved into the city limits, the neighbors dog kept trying to attack my baby. He finally managed to get this done and I almost lost him again due to infection setting in overnight. Poor baby had to have a drain tube inserted in his chest...but again...he lived through it. (Neighbor finally got rid of their dog due to city laws) After having my baby Jack for over 17 years, I tearfully had to have him join all the other furbabies at the rainbow bridge. I couldn't make him suffer anymore...he couldn't hardly walk alone by that time. I held him as he layed down in the back yard on his favorite blanket as he went to sleep.

It still hurts to think of him...I miss him every day. There will never be another Jack or another dog like him for me. I whispered to him that my Dad would be there to meet him and throw his toys for him, and that I would be waiting to see him again.
    I sit here trying to tell myself that this is really dumb, crying over a dog, but he was my best buddy for over 17 yrs and I never went very far other than work without him. Took him in the boat to fish even :D It lessens some, but still hurts even after over 3 years. Hugs Miss Mousie. Luv you :D
    Jack sounds so lovable, and loved! tigger.
    I had a blue lab that I named Melvin, after Mel Tillis. I just loved his personality and what was so funny, is when I told my grandma on the phone, as she lives across the country from me...she said, "That was my father's name!"
    We sure have laughed about that.
    Melvin's been at R. Bridge for over four years and i still miss my sweet boy. He was so loving. He 'mothered' a kitten that we got. At first we thought he was pestering the poor kitty, then we saw them asleep together, kitty between Melvin's paws. That's when we knew, they were playing, and Melvin loved that kitty very much.
    Your Jack has ( I say has, bc he's waiting)...one sweet mommy!
    I understand completely, and it's been three weeks tomorrow, and three years, ten years...whatever...I will miss my Bitsy. It's nice to know who the greeters will be on the other side.:-D hugs, tigger, luv u too!!! :XD:
    Old 03-23-2010, 07:03 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewgull
    My heart goes out to each person that has lost a pet. I still remember losing my dog when I was about 8 years old. Now I have little mixed dog that me loves everyday. She is always happy to see me and loves to sit in my lap. But, she is sick, having seizures. I know one day God will be ready for her, but until then she and I will love each other.
    There are just some ppl, like us, that know if we were in their place we would hope for kind, loving parents.
    They give so much love. There is a commercial on tv, with sara...can't think right now...singing, "In the Arms Of The Angels"...and i can't bear to watch it.
    Such sweeties. Sewgull, your a kind person and I know your little dog loves you immensely.
    Old 03-23-2010, 07:04 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by PALS65
    Very sorry to hear about your loss. Thinking of you.
    thank you so much. It really helps to have all the support of friends.:-D