Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Do You Know Someone Whose Pet Is At Rainbow Bridge? A Wonderful Book... >
  • Do You Know Someone Whose Pet Is At Rainbow Bridge? A Wonderful Book...

• Do You Know Someone Whose Pet Is At Rainbow Bridge? A Wonderful Book...

Old 03-23-2010, 07:07 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sewing Grandma
    We lost our little Teddy a month ago, and my grandson loved him so much. Yesterday, I was given a little girl for him. She is 2 1/2 months old and a small little thing. We are going to see our grandson this weekend and he doesn't know that we have a little fur friend for him. I may bring her back home with us for a couple months until our daughter has her baby, but will see how it goes at their house while we are there. With the grandchildren gone - the furbabies are so much more comfort - my little Yorkie (who was my grandchildren replacement)was a bit jealous but they made me an "oreo center" last night - both slept as close to me as they could on each side. Love to hear them breathe during the night. Best wishes to all of you who have lost a dear pet - the pain does ease but the memories of them never fades.
    aww, sewing grandma, that is such a sweet story. I can see you all tucked up in the middle, lol.
    My mom had a yorkie and he was a special boy. They are all special, aren't they? Each one has their own personalities, just like ppl, only a lot nicer than some ;)
    Old 03-23-2010, 07:10 PM

My sympathies are with those of you who have lost a loved one, even tho they have fur or feathers, they can mean as much as a human, and maybe more, based on some of the humans I've known.

For another book, especially written for children, about the death of a pet, you might take a look at "The Tenth Good Think About Charlie" written by Judith Viorst. She is probably better known as a writer of adult novels, but she has written several amazing children's books. "The Tenth..." is about a young child who loses his pet cat, Charlie, and how the parents help him deal with it.
    Old 03-23-2010, 07:15 PM
    Power Poster

Lovely card i received from dear, sweet, Debra Mc:

Thank You, Debra! xooox ;)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]27640[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-27640.jpe  
    Old 03-23-2010, 07:25 PM
    Power Poster

This is the cutest little coin purse sent to me by our dear, wonderful, Ligia, from Lurkingdom! lol! (Secret Santa Swap).
    She had Mousie on her mind and sent it.
    Bitsy passed at 5: 15 p.m. 3-3-10 and this arrived the next morning.
    I am calling it my "Bitsy Purse". It's even black, white and a little touch of brown, just like Bitsy :wink:
    It's so perfect, ligia! big hugs to you, sweets!

Isn't it just the cutest little thing? Just like my girl :)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]27791[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-27791.jpe  
    Old 03-23-2010, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    Originally Posted by sewgull
    My heart goes out to each person that has lost a pet. I still remember losing my dog when I was about 8 years old. Now I have little mixed dog that me loves everyday. She is always happy to see me and loves to sit in my lap. But, she is sick, having seizures. I know one day God will be ready for her, but until then she and I will love each other.
    There are just some ppl, like us, that know if we were in their place we would hope for kind, loving parents.
    They give so much love. There is a commercial on tv, with sara...can't think right now...singing, "In the Arms Of The Angels"...and i can't bear to watch it.
    Such sweeties. Sewgull, your a kind person and I know your little dog loves you immensely.
    The commercial is for ASPC and I cry everytime I see the
    commercial or hear that song. I try and send them money
    every month.
    Catlady
    Old 04-02-2010, 10:55 AM

I am so sorry for the loss of your pet. I have several that are at Rainbow Bridge. Some say that is only a story but I believe every word! It soothes my heart.
    Old 04-02-2010, 11:02 AM

I have bookmarked this site and I am going to order every book all of you suggest. All of my friends are pet lovers and we have all lost a pet or will lose a pet. These would be wonderful gifts. Mine are buried in the yard in the flowers. I still talk to them!