Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Do you like to paint? Walls, and Stuff >
  • Do you like to paint? Walls, and Stuff

• Do you like to paint? Walls, and Stuff

Old 10-18-2010, 12:54 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Catherine Marie
    I abhor painting. I'd rather walk over burning coals than paint even the smallest of rooms. Wallpapering comes next but that's another topic... It nearly sends me off the deep end if I need to paint. My husband isn't much better and therefore this task falls to me. UGH! After tolerating 15 years of the same boring bedroom, I decided enough was enough! Time to make a change. My DBIL suggested a line of paint and since he is a master at painting, I decided to try his brand. Rather than name the brand, I'll give you a hint. It's the name of an animal and there are polar, panda, grizzly, and teddy ones. If you don't know by now, then you don't know your 'bears'. Well, if this isn't the best paint in the world! And, like I said, I hate painting. This paint went on like butter, I tell ya'. Smooth, good coverage, great colour (Warm Earth). This has been so great, I just had to tell you all that I am converted!Good-bye drab, hello 'Bear'.
    wootie hoo!!!! I just bought a gallon of one color and a quart of another....for the very first time, bc it was reccommended in Consumer Digest and I needed to paint!
    You have made my day, girlfriend! YIPPEEE!!! :-D :-D :-D
    Old 10-18-2010, 12:57 PM

Not only do I love to paint walls, but I love Behr paints!!! It's the only brand I use.
    Old 10-18-2010, 01:10 PM

I am the painter in this house too if I want it done without paint all over the place. The only place that gets paint on it is me. My hair, arms, everything I tell you. But, I do pay more for Behr because of the one coat. I had to paint the kitchen twice becaue I "saved" money and it was still needy. So no more cutting corners.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-108807.jpe  
    Old 10-18-2010, 03:36 PM

Years ago when we painted out house inside and out, B. Moore was rated the best in Consumer rpts and we loved it. It was great. But, we are getting ready to repaint the outside and Behr was rated best in CR. So far, we have painted one wall with it and it is great too. But, the good job with BM years ago really held up very well and it is making this repainting effort a little easier. The BM was on for over 20 yrs! I think over the years, paint formulas change, but the prices just keep going up.
    Verna in SoCA
    Old 10-18-2010, 04:42 PM
    Power Poster

I just spent Saturday on the ladder priming the underside of the overhang. (Winterizing) Even though there was good ventilation I got nauseous and headachy. First time that has happened. As for the Behr paint - it is wonderful. We tried the Lowe's brand once and cursed all the way up and down the walls. What a difference.
    Old 10-18-2010, 07:49 PM

Oh thank you. Have been considering that type as I have 2 bathrooms to do. You just cinched it!!!
    Old 10-19-2010, 05:29 AM

I'm going to have to try the new Behr with primer - I've used Behr in the past and had good results, except with enamel for trim. And that could have been due to the prep (hubby !)
    I really like Valspar Premium (Lowe's) I'm using it in our "renovation" and we love the results. We've done 4 rooms so far. I know people who won't use anything but Benj Moore or SW ... it really all comes down to the prep, quality brushes & your application
    :)
    Old 10-19-2010, 05:36 AM

I love Behr paint too, get it at my local Home Depot. Of course there are other good brands of paint but why change when I'm so happy with Behr.

I used to do all the wall painting, wall papering and furnitue refinishing in our house but age has caught up with me. Can handle the painting part but the moving of furniture and going up and down the ladder is what has done me in. Anyone with lots of energy can come over and paint my kitchen, living room and downstaris hall way. Only one coat of Behr's paint will do and I'll provide the free lunch. How does sausage and peppers on fresh, crispy Italian bread with a nice salad, or my special French Spring soup with a sandwich? May in Jersey
    Old 10-19-2010, 05:57 AM

Behr is my favorite paint. I love how one coat does wonders. I need to finish up the projects I started. I will do that when the weather stays cool.

If you keep an eye out on Home Depot ads, they will run sales on the Behr paint.
    Old 10-20-2010, 08:01 AM

We need to paint a couple of rooms at our house & I had planned to buy the "grizzly" brand of paint , simply because you can get it with the primer already in it. I do have a question though for those who have used it. I have a fairly dark colour in my bedroom - dark raspberry. Will a lighter colour in this paint cover in 1 coat or will I still have to do the 2 coat thing? One coat I can handle, 2 overwhelms me...