Do you remember the rolls?

Old 11-20-2010, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I never heard of those. I'm in the process of making home made yeast rolls. I prefer these to store bought any time.
AHH, cj! Ship some to me!!! I use to make them all the time, but just can't handle the kneading anymore.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:14 PM

I make rolls from scratch twice a year, Thanksgiving and Christmas. When the children were growing up, I would make homemade bread weekly. Now only make them for special occasions.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

I go the homemade route too....well worth the trouble..huge sigh...I guess :lol::lol: (At least I can use the mixer for kneading now)
Old 11-21-2010, 07:01 AM

I make my own
Old 11-21-2010, 07:17 AM

okay for all of you who love homemade yeast rolls but cannot knead or don't have the time...... you have to try Rhodes rolls. throw them in a pan frozen the night before and let them thaw and rise and bake them off and people will think you slaved all day and they taste sooooo goood!

ETA: They r in the frozen section at the grocery store in a bag of 36 i believe!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
okay for all of you who love homemade yeast rolls but cannot knead or don't have the time...... you have to try Rhodes rolls. throw them in a pan frozen the night before and let them thaw and rise and bake them off and people will think you slaved all day and they taste sooooo goood!

ETA: They r in the frozen section at the grocery store in a bag of 36 i believe!
Thanks!!! I'd forgotten about those!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:26 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmm, all this talk to homemade bread. Do you think maybe my DH would be able to swallow that? He is having so much trouble swallowing right now. My heart goes out to him, and I keep trying to find something that he can get down besides smoothies and applesauce. That isn't going to be much of a holiday meal.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
Hmmmmmmmmmm, all this talk to homemade bread. Do you think maybe my DH would be able to swallow that? He is having so much trouble swallowing right now. My heart goes out to him, and I keep trying to find something that he can get down besides smoothies and applesauce. That isn't going to be much of a holiday meal.
I know how that goes. I am finally able to CHEW something. So this year food isn't going through a straw. You might try making some sweet potatoes (mashed), yeast breads are harder to chew than something like a muffin (less tough), pumpkin soup?, turkey soup? My all-time favorite is the dressing (some call it stuffing). Make a Mousse for dessert instead of a pie.

I know it is hard to be creative when tradition is tugging at you.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:18 PM

Mashed potatoes,gravy,jello,cream soup,yogurt,cream pie filling,soft egg,baked sweet potato,grits.I remember when my bro was in a bad industrial accident & had to "eat" thru a straw for several mos.Not easy.......good luck to your husband.

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
Old 11-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Google Goddess

those sounds yummy, will see if my grocery stores has them

Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting