Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • do you sleep all night or not and >
  • do you sleep all night or not and

• do you sleep all night or not and

Old 10-21-2011, 05:04 AM

yeah, have that problem too. go to bed about 1130 or so, then up at 145 to go to potty, back to bed, toss and turn a while and then might sleep a while back up to potty and so on. my knee is the killer and one hip.
    Old 10-21-2011, 05:06 AM

I wake up about 10 times a night and usually have a hard time going back to sleep. My Dr gave me some sleeping pills (15 for a month???). Anyway I don't take them if I have to work the next day. Otherwise if I can't get back to sleep I get up and go to my sewing room, turn on the TV and get something done. When I get tired I go back to bed.
    Old 10-21-2011, 05:20 AM

I can usually sleep about 4 hours and then read and then sleep again....have been doing this for years
    Old 10-21-2011, 05:24 AM

I'm so relieved to know it's not just me! whew. Last night I went to bed at 1:15. I woke up thinking I had slept the whole night through for a change, and was ready to get up to go to work (regular time is 6:15) Looked at the clock. 1:45. *sigh*. Again at 3, 4:30. And was awake at 6, waiting for the clock to alarm at 6:15. So, no, haven't slept well for the last 12 years. Hubby says he's going to sell the furnace. Doesn't need it, he can use me to heat the whole house.
    Old 10-21-2011, 05:29 AM

This subject was discussed not long ago here on the Board and I keep seeing over and over that sleep is a real problem with a lot of folks, including me !

I can usually fall asleep before 11 pm, but wake several times during the night, IF I ever get 4 hour of uninterrupted sleep I'm awake for the day. Grumpy, irritable, whiny,sluggish, fuzzy thinking, can't make decisions or stay with any task for a while and it is so frustrating.

My dr gave me Trazadone to help me sleep but it causes such outlandish sometimes violent dreams I can't/don't take it.

I've tried melatonin, no caffeine after 3 pm....I did read recently that someone mentioned that she found that if she didn't drink enough water during the day it would cause her to lose sleep...so I'm been better about drinking more water.

I decided just this week that I would try and take a nap during the day, but another problem is I can't possibly close my eyes during the day even in a darkened room.

Sounds weird but I really enjoy the winter months more because we more "dark" time and I feel like I sleep more.

Now that I'm retired the time change doesn't bother me as much but it certainly did when I was working...found that it took me more than a week to adjust.....

I often get up and get on QB just to see who is chatting....and there is almost always someone on there,especially west coast folks.....

Don't have answers, just understanding.
    Old 10-21-2011, 05:31 AM
    Power Poster

I usually sleep all night plus sometimes a couple naps a day.
    Old 10-21-2011, 06:00 AM

Some nights I sleep great and others are spent tossing and turning the night away. Doc says it is menopausal.
    I don't like naps...rather stay up all day tired lol.
    Old 10-21-2011, 06:50 AM

I haven't slept well in 40+ years. I blame the children! I take a mild sleep aid and go to bed really late. Don't sleep all night but manage to string enough hours together somehow. I don't nap because it makes me nervous. Go figure.
    Old 10-21-2011, 07:32 AM

Six or seven hours. Any more than that and I am in a grog all day. But now that I am 70 I can nap! I am always up 'till midnight.
    Old 10-21-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by twinkle
    My sleep patterns are all out and I usually go to bed in the early hours of the morning and then sleep late. Once I'm asleep nothing wakes me though.
    Same here, I even bought the 120 decible alarm to get me up for work, I sleep through it most of the time too.I have never liked to get up early and have worked 12 hour nights for years. That sure messes with your sleep patterns lol.