Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Does Anybody Else's Dog Do This? >
  • Does Anybody Else's Dog Do This?

• Does Anybody Else's Dog Do This?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:46 PM

The last dog we had loved the water, too. I'll never forget once when we were out in our fishing boat and my DH cast a bobber out and Murphy proceeded to jump in the lake to go get the bobber. However, he didn't know he was jumping into water. You would never believe the look on that dog's face nor the amount of water he brought into the boat when we managed to pull him back in without capsizing the boat!

These are a couple of pics of him playing in his wading pool. He has the water hose in his mouth and is trying to gobble down all the water as fast as he can!! This was one of his favorite things.

By the way, this breed is a Leonberger. This is one of the newest breeds to be recognized by the AKC this year although they have been around for over 150 years. We really miss this dog something fierce.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-79309.jpe   attachment-79310.jpe  
    Old 07-10-2010, 04:49 PM
    Power Poster

My sister's puppies do, especially when it is ice water.
    Old 07-13-2010, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Linda B
    The last dog we had loved the water, too. I'll never forget once when we were out in our fishing boat and my DH cast a bobber out and Murphy proceeded to jump in the lake to go get the bobber. However, he didn't know he was jumping into water. You would never believe the look on that dog's face nor the amount of water he brought into the boat when we managed to pull him back in without capsizing the boat!

These are a couple of pics of him playing in his wading pool. He has the water hose in his mouth and is trying to gobble down all the water as fast as he can!! This was one of his favorite things.

By the way, this breed is a Leonberger. This is one of the newest breeds to be recognized by the AKC this year although they have been around for over 150 years. We really miss this dog something fierce.
    Oh he is beautiful! I would have loved to have seen the look on his face when he realized it was not land under his feet lol Thank you for sharing the story!
    Hugs
    April