Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Does anyone else have this problem? >
  • Does anyone else have this problem?

• Does anyone else have this problem?

Old 11-25-2010, 12:55 PM

I really been sick since March we believe was allergies to something outdoors but couldn;t pin point it. My friend thought maybe I was allergic to fabric I just started to use It took me to about 3 weeks ago.I started on Clariton. I know when I go to Walmart where the potpourri is I can't stay in that dept. very long because I start sneezing. I hope you figure out your problem and doesn't take as long as with me.
    Old 11-25-2010, 03:01 PM
    EC

My DH could smell the stuff on my coat when I got back in the car after about 3-4 minutes in the store. It's really disgusting!!!! Headache, sinus ache, heartburn even !!
    Old 11-25-2010, 04:37 PM

THE TIRE SECTION IN SAM'S AND WALMART HAVE THAT EFFECT TOO!
    Old 11-25-2010, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tropical
    I have a disability called Severe Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. It is caused by environmental substances and manmade products. I have been on oxygen since 1993 and had to medically retire from teaching in 2002 because schools have a mutitude of toxins in them. The only time I don't have to use oxygen is when I am in my home. No one enters our home except my husband and myself because of the odors that come in with other people. I can't go outside when the neighbors do laundry because of the toxic chemicals from laundry soap and fabric softners their dryers release into the air. I could go on and on and on - but, I won't. I go to JoAnn stores because it is the only place I can afford to buy fabric. The Wal Mart stores in our local have stopped selling it and the small quilt shops charge so much more. I have my oxygen turned to high and I hold my breath going through the doors. I have to know exactly what I want because I can't remain in there more than a few minutes even with my oxygen. This is about the only place my husband will not enter with me because he has negative reactions to the smells. He waits in the car for me. He is an absolutely wonderful man because of all of the things he has given up because of my disability and he has never ever complained. If you would like some of my survival tactics and how I treat the 100% cotton fabrics I buy (the only fabric I can use because it is natural material) please let me know.
    I would appreciate any and all infos on this problem and possible ways to feel better. I also feel good inside my own home and at times I really do not want to go anywhere because of this. I hope you do well.
    Old 11-25-2010, 05:29 PM

I guess I am odd the smell reminds me of the Holidays and I love putting them on my fire at hom.
    Old 11-25-2010, 05:40 PM

I don't have a problem with allergies, but when I walked into our JoAnns store, I couldn't believe the smell of the cinnamon covered pine cones. They had them scattered around the store so you couldn't get away from them.Just remember in 1 month they will be gone for another year!! Yeah!!
    Old 11-25-2010, 06:05 PM

I have the same problem. Candles also do this to me. Sometimes in church I get really bad due to all the cologns scents. I feel your pain. My new cutting mats make me crazy until the smell goes away. :(
    Old 11-25-2010, 06:09 PM

Yes,yes,yes! I cannot be around any strong odored places. Even the greenhouse with the chemicals and fertilizers bother me and besides the headaches, etc. I TASTE them.
    Old 11-25-2010, 10:36 PM

that is why they put those stupid things in the foyer no one can stand the stupid things my sil was going to buy me some i was so glad she told me cuz she woulda been taking them nasty things back! i love cinnamon smell but there is something about those things that burns the heck out of my eyes and nose i try to just run fast when i come in lol when i worked at walmart they tried putting me on a register with those on the endcap i went right back to the supervisor and told her she could just put me somewhere else unless she wanted to send me home with a migraine because that is where it would have ended.
    Old 11-26-2010, 02:54 AM

This happenes to me in the Su[er WalMarts.