Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Does anyone else not enjoy wrapping Christmas presents? >
  • Does anyone else not enjoy wrapping Christmas presents?

• Does anyone else not enjoy wrapping Christmas presents?

Old 12-16-2009, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
    In my family we have some tree-hugger type eco-warriors! lol So we try to use and re-use and then use again gift bags. Yes they are made of paper but they get three and four uses before we retire them. I buy a large roll of paper for things that just can't be put in a gift bag...like my nephew's Play-Mobil jet... but the bags suit me fine. I HATE wrapping.
    We re-use gift bags in our family cause we're CHEAP!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 12-16-2009, 07:08 AM

Wrapping is sew fun!!!! You get to share in someone else joys", Have done gift wrap for March O Dimes at mall when kids were little what fun
    Old 12-16-2009, 07:52 AM

The wrapping is not so bad, it's finding a box that the gift fits in that drives me nuts. That's why I use gift bags for most things, and yes, the recycling part of gift bags is a plus too.
    Old 12-16-2009, 06:05 PM

:evil: :evil: :evil: I've been WRAPPING darn presents most of the day and I'm still NOT done....That being said, I should finish up tomorrow and then on to the gifts that I still have to embroider so that I can wrap (grumble, grumble) before Sunday..... :D :D
    Old 12-16-2009, 06:12 PM
    Power Poster

We started a tradition years ago and i will not stop now. I use to take my kids to practice for their sunday school christmas play. While we were gone my husband wrapped all the gifts. Worked then, works now. Its his offical christmas job.
    Not my favorite thing to do.
    Old 12-16-2009, 06:13 PM
    Power Poster

We started a tradition years ago and i will not stop now. I use to take my kids to practice for their sunday school christmas play. While we were gone my husband wrapped all the gifts. Worked then, works now. Its his offical christmas job.
    Not my favorite thing to do.
    Old 12-16-2009, 06:21 PM
    Power Poster

I love to wrap too. I set up a wrapping station in the sewing room on the desk. Then, I do the job in shifts. First I put the things into boxes with the tissue and mark the bottom of it with initials. I just make a tall tower (or two) and they stay there waiting on me.

Then when I have a few minutes, I go up and wrap a bunch of them. When I am tired I quit and go do something else a while. No one dares to step foot in my sewing room when I have stacks of bags and boxes in there, so it works for me. I try and put one persons gifts all in one colored paper, then it is easier to find on christmas. I love the bags too. They are great for odd shaped things.

By the way...has anyone tried the new wrapping paper cutters? They look really cool.
    Old 12-16-2009, 06:51 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    :evil: :evil: :evil: I've been WRAPPING darn presents most of the day and I'm still NOT done....That being said, I should finish up tomorrow and then on to the gifts that I still have to embroider so that I can wrap (grumble, grumble) before Sunday..... :D :D
    You shouldn't have left me stranded at the airport :roll: I was wrapping gifts there like crazy :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: when I could have been at your house helping you :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 12-16-2009, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by amma
    Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    You shouldn't have left me stranded at the airport :roll: I was wrapping gifts there like crazy :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: when I could have been at your house helping you :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    But you never called me!! Are you still there??? I still have a few gifts left to wrap!!

And I have this vision of you stranded at our local airport. Our office was out there and so I know it well. It's not very big. When you get on/off a plane, regardless of the weather, you walk in it -- as in down the plane steps, across the tarmac, up a flight of steps into the terminal. Upon leaving, you go down more steps and if you used the long term parking -- you walk down more steps. And all of the luggage handlers were so darn old and feeble looking that your natural instinct was to help them instead of them carrying your bags :lol: :lol:
    Old 12-16-2009, 11:59 PM

I don't mind wrapping, but my DH usually does most of it. He's very particular and always matches the seams. :-D He won't put the ribbons and bows on though, so I end up doing that while he wraps.