Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Does anyone have a Teardrop?? >
  • Does anyone have a Teardrop??

• Does anyone have a Teardrop??

Old 05-26-2010, 06:48 PM

Ooops I sent that before I finished.... our son is a camp cooker who loves all that cast iron. He loves to camp and cook.
    Old 05-26-2010, 06:50 PM

Melody..nice camper! I'd keep it if you can, simply because there might be places you want to go camping where you can't take or fit a fifth wheel....

When it comes to our cooking, there's method to our madness! ;) If you look at the pics of the camper, there's no air conditioner on top! I don't want to heat it up with cooking, but I want to eat GOOD stuff! :lol: I have six blackpots now...we usually fill them up for the dinner parties!
    Old 05-26-2010, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
    Originally Posted by Charlee
    Here's a website/forum of "Tear Jerkers" :) They're a great little trailer, too small for William and I, and I'm with Marsye! Gimme a potty or I'm an UNhappy camper! :lol"

Actually to be honest...I hate public restrooms!! We make side of the road pitstops all the time!
    :thumbup:
    We're not crazy about public bathrooms either that's why I always carry those potty covers with us when we travel. We're going "camping" this next week-------at Pinewood Cabins. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 05-26-2010, 07:00 PM

I love to cook when we go camping, but I'm not very good at the outdoor cooking. You impress me! And as for selling it, that's my idea. DH prefers to keep it because, like you said, it goes everywhere easily. It's just that I'm getting too old to climb up into the cabover bed! Other than that, I do love it. We took it out west for a month (more than once)and never felt cramped. It's got the nicest shower and a comfortable bed, if you can climb up.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-73849.jpe   attachment-73850.jpe  
    Old 05-26-2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Eagle Hawk
    WHERE'S THE BATHROOM!!!!!!!??????????
    I gotta go!!!!!!
    Shoot, Maryse..you can go with us sometime. A 40 ft. diesel pusher complete with a fireplace, washer/dryer, big screen TV with surround sound, double wide frig with ice and water in the door and the bathroom is great When we stop at a rest stop I don't go in to use the bathrooms. That way I know I am safe from human preditors and germs. 4 slide outs, so no claustrophobia and room for us and 2 big dogs and even my sewing machine. We just tow our truck behind so when we come to a long stop we unhook it and DH stays and watches golf and football while I take off and run around to fabric stores. We'll pick you up.

But, I do love the teardrops. We have seen several in the RV camp grounds. They may not be a palace, but some are sure cute and the people that have them say they love them.
    Can I drive that monster????!!!!! :lol:
    You betcha you can, but gotta set the cruise control at 65 so we don't get picked up. Thought you'd just want to ride along, though, so you could use the bathroom as we roll. Another advantage over a teardrop....don't even have to pull over to go...haha
    Old 05-26-2010, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
    Originally Posted by Charlee
    Here's a website/forum of "Tear Jerkers" :) They're a great little trailer, too small for William and I, and I'm with Marsye! Gimme a potty or I'm an UNhappy camper! :lol"

Actually to be honest...I hate public restrooms!! We make side of the road pitstops all the time!
    :thumbup:
    We're not crazy about public bathrooms either that's why I always carry those potty covers with us when we travel. We're going "camping" this next week-------at Pinewood Cabins. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Oh, yes...potty covers are a must. So many states don't even have them in any public bathroom, so I always carry them with me so if we go into a restaurant that doesn't have them I have them handy.
    Old 05-26-2010, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
    Originally Posted by Eagle Hawk
    We just tow our truck behind so when we come to a long stop we unhook it and DH stays and watches golf and football while I take off and run around to fabric stores. We'll pick you up.
    Can I come, too?
    The more the merrier. Come aboard and we will all find fabric shops together, and believe me, we will have plenty room enough for all of us to bring home a ton of fabric.
    Old 05-26-2010, 10:23 PM

WHERE'S THE BATHROOM!!!!!!!??????????
    I gotta go!!!!!!
    Not exactly rough camping, but we do cook out everytime we go someplace as well as cook in. Longest trip so far was 6000 miles round trip, and I still wasn't ready to come home. I was already home. You don't have to drive all the time, Marsye. We can take turns.

Side by side between me and DH as we drive down the road. Great travelers.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]73914[/ATTACH]

Hop in, Marsye ...ready to roll. Not a teardrop !!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]74121[/ATTACH]

Just open the curtains and we are on our way
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]74122[/ATTACH]

I'll watch a movie with the fireplace going while you drive.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]74123[/ATTACH]

And the dogs love it, too.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]74124[/ATTACH]

Open floor plan?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]74125[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-73909.jpe   attachment-74116.jpe   attachment-74117.jpe   attachment-74118.jpe   attachment-74119.jpe  

attachment-74120.jpe  
    Old 05-27-2010, 03:48 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by raptureready

Well let me tell you!!!! You won't need any potty covers there! That place is spotless!!!! I never want to leave when I get there! I hope you paid 5.00 more for the jacuzzi!!! :thumbup:
    Old 05-27-2010, 04:17 AM

Eagle Hawk! wow that is absolutely beautiful!