Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum? >
  • Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum?

• Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum?

Old 03-23-2011, 02:24 PM

They are well worth the money I have one also dont need an animal for this you'll be surprised what you have on the carpert
    Old 03-23-2011, 02:29 PM
    Power Poster

I have one, DH has one for his office and I tried the cannister. When I originally bought it, it was perfect we had carpet and no rugs. We moved and have all solid wood floors and rugs. The up right is just not set up for hard wood floors and rugs. Their cannister does not work as well as the Hoover cannister, the brush is yucky and the rug attachment pulls the wool off my rug and sucks the edges in. The Dyson cannister went back. I think the up right is great if you have wall to wall carpetting. Pet hair no problem. Now as for people hair, 9 females at this house all with very long hair, the spinner thing winds the hair around itself so on a regular basis you need to give it a hair cut to get it to roll freely. The good part is it is picking up the hair versus any other machine that seems to leave it.
    Old 03-23-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by beksclen
    Hmmm...I don't have to take mine apart to change from different floorings. Just flip a dial from carpet to hard. Mine is several years old. Maybe they have changed now?
    My Dyson would clean hardwood,etc. but some of the dirt tended to shoot out the back. Vacuum in bare feet and you'll feel it. Maybe it was just mine.
    Old 03-23-2011, 03:47 PM

I have one and love it. We have 3 cats and it does a great job with the hair. Love the no-bag system, it is easy to empty. It overheated right after we got it so took it back to store to have them look at it. Every salesperson that walk by asked why someone was returning a Dyson-it never happens. They just totallly replaced it rather that trying to repair it first, no questions asked. Never had a bit of problem since and highly recommend it. Well worth the money.
    Old 03-23-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by SuzyQ
    I have hardwood floors and a mastiff that sheds enough to re-fur a medium sized dog (LOL) so I just use a swiffer (don't even own a vacuum) but I have thought of getting a vacuum. How would a Dyson do on hardwood floors?

Susan
    I have hardwood floors throughout with 3 cats and 1 dog. My dyson works fantastic on the floor and furniture. I busted the hose for the second time and need a replacement but I can still use it on the furniture by not pulling the hose totally off the handle. It is yellow with a purple handle (it was a replacement at $10 and I didn't care what color it was, the price was right!) and has a canister. I love mine and will buy another in a heartbeat. I've had mine for over 4 years.
    Old 03-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Love my Dyson. I have the yellow ball.
    Old 03-23-2011, 04:08 PM

Having Two Saint Bernards I think I qualify as a "fur lined" house. It is great for the dog hair .... BUT do be careful if you have carpets that have loops, it has snagged and pulled my main carpet so bad , I need to replace it. It is so powerful that you do not evenknow its happened until a 3 foot yarn has been pulled out of the carpet. I mentioned this at my local Sew and vac and he told me they are a great machine... but that some carpet manufactures will not honor the warrenty of the carpet if you use a Dyson.
    Old 03-23-2011, 04:16 PM

I have an up right Dyson and I think its great picks up everything and am thinking of getting another one just so I can get under the beds. the one i have for that job is getting very tired I think it wants to go to vac heaven
    Old 03-23-2011, 04:31 PM

check out overstock.com. You can buy them there for almost half.
    Old 03-23-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Katydid2
    Love mine, 4 dogs. Only thing I don't like is that the extension hose is really stiff (not flexible).
    Love mine, too. Have 2 dogs and 1 cat and they're always shedding. Picks up hair great. The only thing I don't like is what Katydid2 said....ext hose not flexible.