Old 07-08-2010, 02:48 PM

I remember them well! :lol:
Old 07-08-2010, 02:50 PM

i do. i still have 2 of them.

turtlerouge
Old 07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by QBeth
When I first started sewing, I grabbed an old typewriter cart from the basement and used it. Anyone remember those? Anyone remember typewriters?! _:-)_
I have my grandfather's OLD manual typewriter! Doesn't work anymore, but it weighs a TON!

A cart similar to that only with a removable tray for the top shelf just sold on an online auction for over $50.00! I wanted it, but not for that much! I'll keep looking.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:14 PM

I have one or those carts, with the outlet, in our storage room in our basement. It is in pretty good condition. Just store stuff on it now. But I used to keep some of my small appliances on it years ago.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:33 PM

Brings back memories, my mother had one just like that.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Power Poster

Nice cart!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:06 PM

I just looked at one, at Target, almost like it 3 shelves, $249.00.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:44 PM

Those old carts will hold up better than any of those new fangled pressed wood things nowadays.
Just like the three drawer filing cabinet my DD got last week. Better than those you can buy now.

Good for you.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
A metal rolling cart from the fifties. My husband, Keith, found this at an antique store. It was rusted and dirty. He cleaned it up and sanded it the best he could. He didn't have enough spray paint on hand to paint it all one color, so he used what he had. Said he would get more paint and do it one color. I told him that I really like it in tri-color. It is so handy. I can wheel it around to my machine and have all of my quilt parts and stuff close to me.
Nice job on fixing it up. I had one of those in the early 90's. Your post and pictures bring back memories of a certain day.
I had a rough day that day so I fed the kids early (ages ranged from 8-13) and my husband and I were going to have a quiet candle lit dinner in the dining room while the kids watched tv in the family room.
I got everything fixed for dinner except for setting the table so I asked two of the girls to do that while I soaked in a nice hot bath with soothing candle lights and soft music. I told the kids to only bother me in an emergency.
I was relaxing in the tub with the soft music and candle lights when all of a sudden I heard a "CRASH". :shock: I sat there in the tub, wondering if I really wanted to go see what it was when my husband came in agitated about what had happened. "Don't worry", he said..."I'll take care of it". I slowly dried off and got ready for dinner, trying not to think of what could have been broken.

:roll: ...the girls had decided to act like we were in a resturant and they had put two sets of my china dishes (china set for 6 people) on the cart like the cart in your picture. The youngest was pushing the cart to the dining room, not thinking about the difference in floors (the dining room was carpeted and the kitchen was linoleum.). When the cart rolled up and hit the carpet molding, the cart stopped moving forward but instead crashed over to the side. My china went onto the floor.
;-) I now have a wonderful china set for 4 people with extra bowls, cups and saucers.
My husband was upset for me because he knew I loved the china but when I heard what happened, I could see the girls trying so hard to do something nice for us so I just laughed it off.

Okay, :lol: After I read your post, I was sort of stunned when I saw your name....Why? because my name is also "Kathy Patterson".
;)
Old 07-10-2010, 10:22 AM

OH YES! I have one in my kitchen> I have my microwave on it and some other things stored on the other shelves.