Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Does anyone wear panty hose anymore? >
  • Does anyone wear panty hose anymore?

• Does anyone wear panty hose anymore?

Old 07-23-2013, 05:22 AM

Since I broke my ankle back in 1999, I can't wear shoes with a heel so that ended by dress-up days. Its slacks for me!
    I don't even try to match my socks with my slacks anymore. Guess that's also an age thing.
    Old 07-23-2013, 07:03 AM

Unless I a wearing an open-toed sandle type dress shoe, I always wear panty-hose. Guess it was the era i was raised in.
    Old 07-23-2013, 07:28 AM

I think it depends on the age of the person and the occasion. I do not wear them to church (at least not in summer). I did wear them to my daughter's wedding. However, my other daughter (maid of honor) did not wear hose to her sister's wedding and neither did the other attendant.

I do think in a formal business meeting they are more appropriate.
    Old 07-23-2013, 07:49 AM

We just finished a cruise with two formal nights at dinner. I dressed for the first night, including Spanx and panty hose. Couldn't wait to get back to the room to get those off...many of the women wore nice slacks with a sparkly top. Formal sure has changed, too...and very few nylons/panty hose to be seen...even on the older women. (I still refuse to put myself in that group! LOL) Didn't dress for the second night, but went to the buffet instead!
    Old 07-23-2013, 07:54 AM

used to wear them when I worked but then everyone else stopped so, I did also. Never felt so good. When I am going out dressed up, I usually have some kind of long skirt or pants on anyway. Have not worn a dress in years.
    Old 07-23-2013, 08:09 AM

I HAVE to wear pantyhose when wearing a dress.....it's uncomfortable to walk or sit without something to separate my thighs. Plus I like the feel of hose while wearing my dress shoes.
    Old 07-23-2013, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ
    I HAVE to wear pantyhose when wearing a dress.....it's uncomfortable to walk or sit without something to separate my thighs. Plus I like the feel of hose while wearing my dress shoes.
    I wear spandex shorts under my dress/skirts to prevent my chub rub. I don't wear hose often. I'm mostly a jeans and t-shirt type of dresser and very seldom need to do formal. I think the last time I wore hose was at my wedding....23 yrs ago. We go to a pretty informal church also.
    Old 07-23-2013, 08:47 AM
    Power Poster

oh socks. I do love wearing nice socks. even the knee high ones in place of hose. forgot that. I haven't worked in so long....
    Old 07-23-2013, 10:02 AM

I always hated wearing pantyhose, here in the hot/humid south, I haven't worn them for at least 10 years. The department stores have even limited their displays due to low sales. My 19 & 22 yr old DD's have had bare legs since age 6, however they do wear tights or leggings in winter when they wear a dress. They do wear shapers with legs for tummy smoothing and panty lines. One of them wore a white, semi-fitted dress this past Sunday and had to wear a half slip. Usually a man is the inventor of clothing items for women that is uncomfortable for us to wear, but looks good to the men. It took us long enough to learn to say no!

Last edited by sew_southern; 07-23-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    Old 07-23-2013, 10:11 AM

I am glad you brought that up! I was just about to ask that question myself!! LOL I am curious to read the answers on that!

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom
    And while we're kinda on the subject, what about those who wear really thin skirts with no petticoat? I still remember my mother having me stand with my back to the sun to see if you could see through. Times have really changed LOL