Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Does anyone wear panty hose anymore? >
  • Does anyone wear panty hose anymore?

• Does anyone wear panty hose anymore?

Old 07-24-2013, 04:21 AM

I used to wear a certain style of panty hose daily as I found them more comfortable than panties! Fortunately, I finally found panties that fit before those particular pantyhose were discontinued. Now I have to wear support stockings or hose, so when I wear a short dress for square dancing I always wear panty hose. I also hate the feel of shoes on bare feet, so it's socks or hose, always.
    Old 07-25-2013, 06:20 PM

I wear pantyhose everyday. Very pale veiney legs, even with shorts or capri pants. I just like the nice feel of them & the support, control top holds in my tummy. I hate to see this in woman with ugly knees. Was in court one day & the ADA had on her little suit but no panty hose & looked so very tackey & unprofessionel. Her nasty little ankle tatoo was showing & her hair didn't help either.
    Old 07-27-2013, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
    What Not to Wear does discuss Bra's though!! another thing. I still find myself looking into store front glass to see how I look to others. something not many younger women do these days. I find my posture is better, etc.
    I don't think some girls/women look into a mirror before they leave their houses.....scary sights!
    Old 07-27-2013, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom
    And while we're kinda on the subject, what about those who wear really thin skirts with no petticoat? I still remember my mother having me stand with my back to the sun to see if you could see through. Times have really changed LOL
    My mom had me do the same thing! Funny now.
    Old 07-28-2013, 02:27 AM

Since I was an RN only wore scrubs, so did not need panty hose. Now retired and never even wear dresses or skirts. Only panty hose I buy now are to tie up my tomato plants. LOL
    Old 07-28-2013, 02:37 AM

I still wear slips and bought my last one at Target..they are not cheap. I buy the half ship since the full slips are made so cheap and the straps are always falling down. I do not wear thin shirts so half slip is fine. I also like the feel of the half slip. I still wear hose in the fall and winter. I do not like to wear no hose with dress shoes. My feet hurt with out them. I find wearing dresses is so much more comfortable then pants at work and easier to match...no fuss.
    Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I still have a lot of half slips! Many are in pretty pastel colors. I wore one with every skirt or dress I wore. Still do. The slip feels good against the skin. When I was growing up, girls were mortified to be able to see through their dress or skirt and if your slip showed it was as embarrassing as when a guy's zipper was undone. LOL Can you buy slips or half slips now? I haven't looked for one in years.
    Old 07-28-2013, 03:11 AM

I have not worn pantyhose in 1 1/2 years, since I attended my aunt's funeral. I would never go barefoot in any shoe. I usually wear slacks, dress shoes with thick socks (Gold Toe are my favorite), and a nice blouse/sweater. In the summer I wear capris with nice tennis shoes and ankle socks.
    Old 07-28-2013, 03:30 PM

I have not worn panty hose in years because they are uncomfortable and hurt my stomach. I have reflux and cannot stand any type of clothing that is binding. I wore thigh-hi hosiery for years but I cannot find them anymore. Just recently I purchased pantyhose because I am desperate. I don't think the young people wear hosiery anymore and that's fine. I personally would never wear shoes without hosiery because it would make your foot stick to the shoe. I'm from the old school, guess I am showing my age.
    Old 07-28-2013, 03:37 PM

For business or a dressy affair it's panty hose. Everything else is a crap shoot.
    Old 07-28-2013, 04:24 PM
    Power Poster

when I worked in an office, allthe time. the last three jobs I had, bus driver, casket embroider and jewelry sales, no panty hose. the bus and casket co, I wore shorts in the summer. i'm disabled now, but I don't know if any job would pay enough for me to wear those tourture devices