Does your hubby cook?

Old 06-20-2010, 11:37 AM

quiltsRfun, you could start another thread with
"who shops for the groceries in your house?" I thought I had the only dh who does this, since he retired in '83. I didn't really appreciate this until he started getting the wrong thing now (even tho it's written down on the list...beginning alzheimers). You have a treasure, especially when he retires cause it'll give you some space and time to quilt :D
Old 06-20-2010, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
Mine does most of the cooking and shopping! And he does real good, most of the time. When I do cook, he is busy telling how I should do this or that. I hate to cook, and with a dishwasher, cleaning up isn"t too bad. I hate it when he talks like he knows better than I. We have been married 56 years, and for 45 of that, I did all the shopping and cooking, but he "thinks" he taught me!!LOL I love hearing him tell one of the kids how to make something, like it is original from him. I just wish when he makes something really tasty, he would stick to the way he did it, instead he is always trying to improve with spices or something, and then it is ruined.
clem, we might have the same dh (before his alz. that is)
Old 06-20-2010, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Pat was born without the grill gene. I thought all men had that gene - alas, not my darling. He tries though. If times ever get tough he could probably get a job at a crematorium. The first time we had "real" BBQed chicken at a friend's house, I thought it wasn't done. No black chunks of skin broke off and there was moisture in my piece. lol
madquilter...you're funny...I shd hv done more laughing all those years when I thought all men burned everything on the grill...ah, memories - once when the kids were little, dh was grilling on the beach, tipped it over and spilled everything in the sand...the kids laughed so hard 'cause "it was burned anyway"! Now, I just wish he remembered how to cook...ain't life funny

:cry: :cry: :cry: :?
Old 06-20-2010, 12:00 PM

Marsey, where hv u been :?: I've missed you and your funny comebacks :thumbup:
Old 06-20-2010, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
My DH does all the cooking. I can barely boil water.
...for real, or just to get out of cooking :thumbup:
Old 06-20-2010, 05:40 PM

Well, he can nuke tv dinners, add tuna to a box of mac & cheese, add a can of chili to a can of spaghetti, and make a sandwich...