Doll Break

Old 09-10-2011, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by drgranny
Hi Rosie!! I saw your doll on FOCD. She is great. I am a cloth doll artist also. I keep meaning to post more pix but hate to hunt for them in my files.
Oh you did? cool, I don't post a lot there when I am quilting. Now I'm a bit in doll mode which comes and goes. What pattern do you design? Are they for sale anywhere and under what name?
Old 09-10-2011, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by hspirit_99
that is the cutiest think i have seen in a long time. i never much cared for dolls growing up but i really like this one. what are her arms and face made of. also pm me your blog addy please\

beverly

I used craft Velour for her entire body. My blogs are listed right under all my post, just above my signature of Rosy, they are small links so you really have to look. I used chalks and colored pencils to do her face. Normally I paint the faces, depending on the pattern.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:24 PM

She is adorable. I like the body parts to the left of her in the "present" pic. Do you use a store bought pattern to make her ? Someone posted a "quilt police" doll pillow a few days ago. She would be really funny dressed as the Quilt Police.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:27 PM

Thank you ladies for all you wonderful comments. I hope I answered all of your questions and to recap. The name of the pattern is Holly and she is a pattern by Jill Maas. You can google her name and get to her web site and purchase directly or you can also get her patterns from, Dollmakers Journey. Jill makes the cute old lady dolls (slightly weathered ladies) that I love and Morris the rat lol.

I love to make dolls for the same reason that they put a smile on my face and I love to be surrounded by characters of this sort....Holly's grin is for the present she is going to give someone lol.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by slk350
She is adorable. I like the body parts to the left of her in the "present" pic. Do you use a store bought pattern to make her ? Someone posted a "quilt police" doll pillow a few days ago. She would be really funny dressed as the Quilt Police.
The body parts to left is a work in progress and I will post them in a week or so. The pattern is called Herald the angel by Arley Berryhill. I am making two. Yes I purchase patterns from the doll artists or the Dollmakers Journey. I do my own patterns too but I love to do all the others as well. I just finished those bodies and only have one more face to paint then it's off to the decorating part and that should prove to be a lot of fun.....
Old 09-11-2011, 12:49 AM
SMR

cute
Old 09-11-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
Originally Posted by drgranny
Hi Rosie!! I saw your doll on FOCD. She is great. I am a cloth doll artist also. I keep meaning to post more pix but hate to hunt for them in my files.
Oh you did? cool, I don't post a lot there when I am quilting. Now I'm a bit in doll mode which comes and goes. What pattern do you design? Are they for sale anywhere and under what name?
I have been taught to call myself a doll artist (by teachers) so am coming to believe that I am. I don't design patterns cause it take to much time. I use patterns from doll designers instead. Some times I tweak their patterns a bit but I would rather make dolls than design.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:17 AM

Here is my picture trail if anyone wants to look at my dolls. Rosie, I love Jill Maas patterns too. I plan to make Mother and Father of the bride.

http://www.picturetrail.com/drgranny3
Old 09-11-2011, 12:58 PM

She is Cute!!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:29 PM

What a cutie!