Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • From Don-isewman-Muscatine member-A subject not to quilting >
  • From Don-isewman-Muscatine member-A subject not to quilting

• From Don-isewman-Muscatine member-A subject not to quilting

Old 10-12-2010, 05:23 AM

I will keep you all in my prayers. May God bless and keep our military in the palm of His hand.
    Old 10-12-2010, 05:26 AM

Don,
    Keep good thoughts and prayers going. I know the feeling all to well. My nephew was in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Earlier this year his Osprey went down, I believe in the power of prayer, for he was hurt, but alive! He is now back in the states and will be leaving for Germany. It's very hard but, BELIEVE.
    Old 10-12-2010, 05:46 AM

I know it is a hard time for you and your family but hang in there. My military friends have had the same thing happen but eventually they were able to get word back to families on their location.

HUGS to all.
    Old 10-12-2010, 07:03 AM

Don my prayers are with you and family it,s hard i can imagine the hardship you are all going through and other family,s as well,Don stay strong keep the thought that he will contact you soon but you Don have to strong for the family as well as for your Son, Don i have been thinking about you and when you come to my mind all i do is pray for you and your family Don, i think there is a reason for this its to let us know that someone needs our support in prayer just to let you know that you and your loved ones are in my prayer daily and i pray for all our brave men and women who our serving our country and there family as well,i would like to say thank you and i wish for a safe happy return to everyone of them, take care my friend and teacher, my best to you and family
    Old 10-12-2010, 07:36 AM

(((((((HUGS)))))), we pray daily for the safety and quick return of our troops and for the protection and comfort of their loved ones at home. Please express to your son and his wife(and baby) our sincere gratitude for each of their sacrifices. I think the sacrifices of the family are often overlooked...they too are giving for our country. God Bless you during this most difficult time,

Margie
    Old 10-12-2010, 09:28 AM

Thank you---
    Old 10-12-2010, 09:29 AM

God bless you and your son for all your sacrifice. It must be so hard on the families left behind.
    Old 10-12-2010, 09:41 AM

LOTS OF HUGS AND PRAYERS to your family
    Old 10-12-2010, 09:57 AM

I to send my prayers and encouragement. I've had a grandson and a son-in-law in combat situations 3 times and have learned the hard way that friends and prayers are the only way to make it through. Gail
    Old 10-12-2010, 10:14 AM

Don,
    You have my empathy & support.
    In 2007, I had 2 of my 3 boys deployed.
    We knew more about #1 son's deployment as he was stationed here in Colorado at the time. My #2 son called from his base the day before he left to tell me he would be gone for 6 months. Yes, I knew he was going, but not when.
    The hardest thing I have EVER had to do was watch my first "baby" climb on that bus. He was in the first group who went over planning on 12 months and ended up being over there for about 16 total.
    The "secret" is for security reasons, and is understandable. When they get over, they are allowed phone calls home and also email time, However, please know when there are casualties to the group, ALL communications are shut down. If you do not hear from him for a few days, breathe & pray. I always told my son that I didn't need a novel, just a quick email to say,
    I'm busy, but I'm okay. would suffice.
    Take care, stay busy, and love your DIL & Grandbaby for him, because it is the best way you can help him know they are taken care of.

God Bless & Happy Quilting,
    Susan