Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • From Don-isewman-Muscatine member-A subject not to quilting >
  • From Don-isewman-Muscatine member-A subject not to quilting

• From Don-isewman-Muscatine member-A subject not to quilting

Old 10-12-2010, 10:16 AM

Hi Don, I know what you are going through. I was blessed with two wonderful sons. I lost my oldest (he was 20) in a car wreck and now my youngest (21) is stationed in Kuwait. It make me sick to my stomach and worries me so much knowing he is stationed there but I do get to talk to him so that helps. When your son gets to contact you see if he has a computer if so you both need to sign up for Skype. It is a wonderful website and you can also do video chats if your computers have cameras on them. It has helped me by being able to see my sons face to know he is ok. God Bless you and your family. Charlotte
    Old 10-12-2010, 04:36 PM

thank you to your son we all love him he will be in God's hands and our prayers.
    Old 10-12-2010, 04:44 PM

Charlotte, (((((HUGS))) to you too.....one child is tooo much to lose. God Bless your other son and bring him home safely. Will continue to pray for our troops. Please tell him thank you from a grateful American.
    Old 10-12-2010, 04:51 PM

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could have peace all over the world. My heart goes out to you and every other parent, spouse, child that has someone deployed to a war zone. You all will be in my prayers. God Bless your son and all the men over there.
    Old 10-12-2010, 04:51 PM

Hugs to you and your family fom another grateful American. Thanks for your sons service.
    Prayers for all of you. Keep us informed, please.
    Old 10-12-2010, 05:48 PM

Our son was in Afghanistan for 16 months. Once he got there (L-O-N-G travel time - - like days and days) and once he was settled in and could wait the long time to use the phone he was able to phone.

He was never allowed to give his actual location in the country but at lease we knew he was safe.

He came back to the US after the 16 month stint and spent 1 year here. In August he left for 12 months in Cuba - GTMO.

God bless, this is a tough time for all. I feel you pain.

From and Army Mom,
    Old 10-12-2010, 06:13 PM

I want to say THANK YOU TO YOU,YOUR SON AND ALL HIS FAMILY. I will keep you all in my prayers. our family has always had people in the service and we thank all service personal for the freedom they keep for us.
    Old 10-12-2010, 07:03 PM

Hugs & prayers being sent to you, your son & all of your family. This is a tough time but keep the faith. Just keep sending those care packages to him. They look forward to them. We all thank your son & all the men & women in the military. God bless all of you.
    Old 10-12-2010, 07:06 PM

Take heart he will talk with you as soon as he can. My youngest is there as well, been there for the pass 3 months. It will drive you crazy trying to figure out what is going on so you must focus on the good things. It's not always easy to do but you must do that for yourself as well as the family. Kids sense when you are worried and that will make them act differently as well. Keep your faith high and you love strong!
    Old 10-12-2010, 09:03 PM

Hoping all will turn out fine for you all. Here is a tip you might pass to his wife, when my husband was in a hazardous zone they usually get hazardous pay so the check will be up a bit, also they get to call or now a days they have e-mail when they are back in a safe zone you will hear from them/ Just don't expect to be told where they are cause they are not suppose to say. If she needs anything go to the chaplain on base he has the resourses to know what and where everything is to help. His unit should also have a wife's group that usually updates on what they can when they can.at least some did. Ravonda