Dry Eyes and Deyhydration

Old 05-15-2011, 06:57 PM

I too have dry eyes and my eye doctor suggested that I use something other than artificial tears. I use an eye lubricant that is thicker than the tears. One is Tera Tears and it's found where contact lenses solution is located. I can really tell the difference, esp after using the computer.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:01 PM

I had an eye exam on Friday, dry lash line, recommedation, eye drops 4 x a day. I never remember to use them:(
Old 05-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
I had an eye exam on Friday, dry lash line, recommedation, eye drops 4 x a day. I never remember to use them:(
Set an alarm to be sure you do!
Easier to do it now at four times a day, than to let things fester away and end up having to do it every hour, 24/7.

Please take care of your eyes!!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by luvnquilt
Actually, it can cause dry eyes. I went in for an eye eval when I was having trouble focusing on the TV in the evenings. At the time I was on a diuretic for my blood pressure. She said that the diuretic could be contributing to my focusing problem and recommended eye drops for dry eyes. I think trying those would be a good place to start (artificial tears type) or if you have allergies, they make some drops specifically for allergy eyes. Also adding water in between sodas could make a big difference. If this doesn't help then make sure you get evaluated soon.
Be careful with the drops for allergies. If you are already taking a medication for allergies, over the counter or not, you shouldn't use these at the same time. This was advice from my doctor. Just stick to the regular dry eye kind.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:52 PM

I have Sjogrens Syndrom and my eyes are dry my skin is dry I use a lot of tears and lotions
Old 05-17-2011, 01:14 PM

Here's a video my dh took last night. This is a pine tree in our yard. Could this be why my eyes are so dry? I've never seen it do this before. I wonder if it's allergies.

http://youtu.be/7W5FzEhnc0I
Old 05-17-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
Here's a video my dh took last night. This is a pine tree in our yard. Could this be why my eyes are so dry? I've never seen it do this before. I wonder if it's allergies.

http://youtu.be/7W5FzEhnc0I
for a second I thought that might be this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAu-cSVNnok

I have to take allergy meds just watching both vids... :P
Old 05-17-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Of course dehydration would affect your eyes! If your body doesn't have enough water, your eyes won't either. Drinking more water is the best solution, but even Diet Pepsi is still mostly water, so drinking enough of that should keep you hydrated. (I agree with the person who warns against ingesting more aspartame, though.)

Dry eyes can also be due to health problems, though, so if it's persistent, better tell your doctor.
Remember, caffeine is a diuretic, and a can of Diet Pepsi contains 24mg of caffeine, so it is important to drink plenty of water also to remain adequately hydrated.