DST

Old 03-13-2011, 09:56 AM

I woke up at 9:00 this morning and just stayed in bed talking (really...just talking) to my hubby. At 9:15, my married daughter and mother of 2 called to ask me a question about the hand me down sewing machine I just gave her. When I answered it must have sounded to her like I just woke up (well, I really did), and she asked if I was still in bed. I aswered, yup dad and I are just talking for a bit. She giggled and said she would call later. I said no, what's up and she asked me the question and I answered her and hung up. A few minutes later I did get up and turned on the TV and realized I forgot to reset my clocks and watch. Now I know why she giggled. It was really an hour later than I thought and she probably thought she was "interrupting" something.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Power Poster

ha, ha. yes i'm affected for sure. i thought if it last night and decided to change my clocks this morning. I awoke and changed my clock. Spring forward, Fall back.
i changed the clock "back" one hour because it is FALL.
am i out of it or what?? spring, spring, spring. I didn't noticed i was wrong until I got on the computer and looked at the time and wondered why it wasn't correct.
duh!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:58 AM

Not only the time change but Easter is sooooooooooooooo late this year, April 24!!! How did that happen?!? To put in in proper perspective, Easter is a month before Memorial Day, doesn't sound right does it?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:29 AM

Sorry but I love DST. I love more light in my days. It usually takes me about a week to adjust but for the most part it doesn't really bother me. I am just hungry at different times, that's all.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:50 AM

I don't like the time change either! Wish they would just leave it alone! I don't get it, more daylight. Well, guess if everyone would have been getting up early enough, then they would see the same daylight! Right! Don't get what is it accomplishing!
Old 03-13-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt
Sorry but I love DST. I love more light in my days. It usually takes me about a week to adjust but for the most part it doesn't really bother me. I am just hungry at different times, that's all.
I'm with you! I hate driving in the dark during rush hour not because it bothers me but because of the slow pokes it does bother. I also like being able to sleep longer on the weekends because the light doesn't wake me up and the longer daylight hours for barbecues on the weekends. I'm a night owl anyway so more of our friends are still alert & awake for an extra hour to keep me entertained longer--LOL.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:53 PM

It will take me a week to get used to the hour change in time.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:57 PM

I like the longer days that come with DST - still light at 8 p.m. in the summer. However, I often travel for work, and changing time zones really affects me - takes me a couple days after returning home to get back to "normal"
Old 03-14-2011, 04:49 AM

As you can see-you are not alone! I really believe that Congress did this for the golfers. . .
Old 03-14-2011, 05:00 AM

I love DST and look forward to it coming back as soon as we have to set the time back in the fall. I suffer from SAD and with my work schedule and often not able to get the amount of sunlight I need during the winter. So the extra hour of daylight is a welcome relief to me. After a few days I have adjusted to being hungry at odd hours and go my merry way.