DST

Old 03-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

Ive been dragging all ...couldnt fall asleep last night day!
Old 03-14-2011, 01:39 PM

Looooooooooove the light late!!!!!!
David
Old 03-14-2011, 01:43 PM

I know what it did to my kids when they were young, and now my dogs. The fall is the worst because they always want to eat too early and wake me up at 5:30. Now they are sleeping till 6:30. It takes me just weeks and weeks to get my body acclimated to the time change. Hate it !!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:03 PM

I feel like the government stole an hour from me. Personally I wish they would leave it alone, the way it was when I was growning in a CST zone. First you loose the hour, then since it gets dark later, you go to bed later because you want to be outside working, and then once you come in it is late; should be going to bed but there are things to do inside too. Then when its time to get up it is still dark outside and the ol' bod feels it should still be sleeping. Well that's from a working person's point of view but once I retire my hours will be set by me.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by maggie2122
Anyone else affected by losing the hour tonight? I will be miserable until October now. For some reason, my body really misses that hour. Maybe I'm just strange, but some where there has to be somebody else who hates daylight savings time!
Me too. I wish "they" would do away with it altogether. Takes me along time to adjust.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:20 PM

My husband! I adjust pretty quickly, but he dreads it.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by svenskaflicka1
i'm so tuned to the "quilting talk" on this group that when i saw "DST", all i could think was "disappearing " what?? is this some kind of new square?? and then i immediately translated it to "disappearing sleep time"...

and it's killing me. it will take me months to adjust--and about the time i do, they will switch it back. *le sigh*

it's like cutting the top off the blanket you sleep under, and sewing it to the the bottom because your feet were cold. it's inefficient, it doesn't work, and something is lost in the process.
Haha
Old 03-14-2011, 04:23 PM

My husband always resets our clocks at 7:30p.m. on Saturday. We never miss the hour.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:54 PM

I like the light later in the day...but dislike the darkness early in the morning.....I know that will change as spring goes on...but it takes awhile to get used to.
What is helping me this time is that I have vacation this week...so can go to sleep when I feel like it and get up without setting an alarm clock...so I haven't noticed the change affecting me as it has other years.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:18 PM

The only thing good about changing the time is that we are closer to better weather.......