EAST COAST FRIENDS

Old 08-27-2011, 07:42 AM

I'm prepared!!!!!
Old 08-27-2011, 07:45 AM

Prayers out to all in Irene's path. Let us know that you are ok when it is over. Be safe..... :-D
Old 08-27-2011, 08:57 AM

Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers, Please be careful and stay safe, my quilting friends! :-o :lol: :-(
Old 08-27-2011, 08:58 AM

Hurricanes are the same as cyclones. Called hurricanes in the Atlantic and cyclones in the Pacific
Old 08-27-2011, 09:15 AM

Stay safe, Irene is a mean girl. Remember the important things in life are not things.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:44 AM

One of my dearest friends and her niece live in Wilmington, NC. They are 10 minutes from the coastline. Heard this morning that they have been without power since 3 am their time (early Sat.) and are on the tail end of the storm. Supposedly not too much damage in the area.

My poor friend broke her arm last night. Can't believe that happened. Just hope everyone is safe and sound.

Now I'm waiting to hear from my DD and SIL up in NYC. They are moving into their new home today. What chaos!

kat
Old 08-27-2011, 09:47 AM

Waiting for the hurricane must be nerve racking, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you!
Old 08-27-2011, 10:09 AM

I'm in centeral long island on the south shore. All the beach areas have been evacuated. Not manditory for less than a mile from the water for some communitees as of yet. But advising them to leave. Hospitals and nursing homes have started evacuating this morning. Sending patients to north shore facilities.

Driving around this morning we noticed how alot of people are really preparing for the flooding. That is the big concern. Alot of sand bags in front of door ways. Business have boarded up all their windows. Everyone is taking precautions!

So everyone be safe! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:15 AM

Yes, it's not a good prediction. I'm in southereastern Pa, very near to NJ. Rain started here around 2pm but just a drizzle.
We have evacuations going on very near to us.
NJ, PA and Delaware are doing an excellent job in preparation for this storm.
I hope and pray that loss of life does not happen.
It is very scary here, I've never experienced anything like it.
Please take all the warnings seriously for those in the path of Irene.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by SharBear
Originally Posted by mscupid804
Thank you for the well wishes, I have to say I am scared to death. We were also a victim of Isabel when she came thru here a few yrs back. Irene is suppose to hit us here in VA and I'm not looking forward to it. I live in Newport News and yes, we're going to get it. I know we're going to be w/o power but I won't know for how long. I also have surgery on Monday to boot! :| :thumbdown:
Teresa,

Be safe!! I travel to that area and it's beautiful! The one bright spot is that the rain should put out the Great Dismal Swamp Fire.

sharon
Sharon, you need to be safe too, you're next! And I agree about the dismal swamp fire being put out at least! News just said there was a tree that fell on an apt here in Newport News killing an 11 y/o boy. This is exactly why I HATE winds, they scare the hell outta me! When Isabel came thru here a few yrs back, our tree in our front yard fell on our house and did some damage, we have since removed the tree but we still have a load in the backyard! Our electricity keeps coming and going and has been since 3 am but getting more often now. Not looking forward to losing it completely. It's now 3:30pm and we're suppose to get the worst of this storm at 8pm tonight.