Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Ebay - Do I have to leave feedback? >
  • Ebay - Do I have to leave feedback?

• Ebay - Do I have to leave feedback?

Old 07-24-2011, 06:21 AM
    Power Poster

I sell on ebay. I am super fanatical about the way I package because the mail DOES toss things around.
    If someone reported it to me, as you did, I would refund, no questions asked. That's the chance you take when you sell.
    However, at most leave a neutral. Those red dots can really
    be damaging, unless you really feel it warrants it and it doesn't sound like you do.
    Old 07-24-2011, 06:52 AM

you don't HAVE to leave feedback. It is voluntary.

As an ebay seller, I don't understand buyers who would rather slam my FB than get a refund or replacement. I am always happy to work with a buyer to get them what they want. But once they leave me bad FB (and some do BEFORE contacting me), that's it, all bets are off. You don't get to leave bad FB AND get a refund, in my book.
    Old 07-24-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I sell on ebay. I am super fanatical about the way I package because the mail DOES toss things around.
    If someone reported it to me, as you did, I would refund, no questions asked. That's the chance you take when you sell.
    be damaging, unless you really feel it warrants it and it doesn't sound like you do.
    I don't think that most people (I didn't) realize that when you put a neutral on ebay; that ebay views it as a bad feedback. If more people knew that then they may think twice. Accidents happen and as long as it's handled right it should have a positive feedback. No, I don't sell on ebay; but I do buy
    Old 07-24-2011, 07:33 AM

Please leave feedback. Buyers depend on that when buying. I buy a lot from eBay and I always check the feedback especially on breakable items. Just leave neutral feedback stating damaged in shipping. I can't believe seller didn't offer something back. Was it insured? If it was file a claim and let ups decide who's fault it was then leave feedback accordingly
    Old 07-24-2011, 07:40 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by romanojg
    Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I don't think that most people (I didn't) realize that when you put a neutral on ebay; that ebay views it as a bad feedback. If more people knew that then they may think twice. Accidents happen and as long as it's handled right it should have a positive feedback. No, I don't sell on ebay; but I do buy
    I agree. I do the best I can and that's the best I can do. You never know who you're dealing with and Ebay favors buyers so much more than sellers.
    Knock wood, my selling experience has been good. I just realize that a lot of things are out of my control.
    I do wish Ebay would educate buyers better on the ramifications of their actions but it's left to the seller and chance. I think it's gotten a bit better though :)
    I also go by the Golden Rule and you almost can't go wrong that way.
    Old 07-24-2011, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by alikat110
    Leave feedback...the seller did apologized, but did not accept any responsibility....the only way to help change is to report problems
    Ditto this... and it also helps protect other would-be buyers, perhaps questioning the seller regarding packaging prior to purchase... and adds credibility to those sellers who are very careful about their packaging.
    Old 07-24-2011, 07:52 AM

I would leave a positive feedback, explaining that you notified seller and they did apologize.

I recently sent something using the self-service machine at the P.O. I weighed it, answered all the questions, and it shot out the postage sticker. My buyer gave me positive feedback but said the item came postage due. Needless to say, I was a little put off by the postal system since they issued the postage to me.
    Old 07-24-2011, 11:36 AM
    Power Poster

State in your feedback just what you wrote here. Well written, but not nasty :D
    1. It may make them be more careful next time
    2. If they aren't more careful, they can't act surprised again...
    3. It may help future buyers receiving their items :wink: :D:D:D
    Old 07-24-2011, 12:12 PM

When I try to leave feedback and don't give the ans they want ebay tells instead to go complaint dept. I could never give the feedback I wanted too.
    Old 07-24-2011, 01:21 PM

I have had an item or two where I did not leave feedback, when the transaction was just blah. didn't feel like leaving it negative either